Chap.23

After several meet and greets filled with screaming and crying fangirls and fanboys, I headed back to the hotel room. I walked in and sat on the edge of the bed. I noticed a price of paper tapped to my pillow.

Dear Connor,

As you might have heard, tonight there is yet another party. I figured you wouldn't want to go there because of last night, but I I know you hate feeling left out so I have arranged to do something magical. Get ready for your adventure, Prince Charming. I'll be back at 8.

Love,

Your devoted peasant.

I laughed at the simple letter. At least I'd be doing something tonight. I left my clothes on from today on since he never really told me exactly what we are doing. I sprayed some of my favorite cologne on and looked at the time. 7:50. I became more and more anxious, in the good way, every time the time changed until it hit 8:03 when Troye walked in.

" Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's goooooo!" I said, sounding like a child.

" so I'm guessing you saw the note?" Troye asked sarcastically

" yeah, come on!" I laughed, dragging him back into the hallway.

He stopped dead in the hallway. he looked at me as I thought he had bad news. he rubbed my cheek and kissed me on the lips before running down the hallway. I followed him and he got into my car and drove us down the highway.

" is it a dinner?" I asked.

" no." he said while smiling.

" Is it a picnic?" I asked, trying to figure out what was going on.

" of some sorts." He said.

We rode down the road till we got to a toll booth. the sign above it read ' pay $1.25 to enter the magic kindom.'

" Ah, Disneyland. wise choice." I said.

" I was hoping you'd say that." he said.

We went through the long process of going down roads to disney, finding a parking spot, going through Security, and getting in the park.

" What do you want to do first?" He asked.

" Big thunder mountain." I said, grabbing his hand, leading him to my favorite ride here.

We had gotten on at the perfect time because the wait was only 25 minutes which was good since it's usually 40 minutes. we boarded the little train that is extremely tricking by it's cutsy appearance with many twist and turns after drops off hills.

We got off and we headed to what Troye wanted to do next, which was space mountain. it's basically a ride where you ride in a rocket through space but you can't see shit most of the ride. it had even more turns and rougher drops than big thunder which was a nice surprise.

We headed over to the buzz lightyear ride where you fought of the evil emperor Zurg. Troye and I had gotten in a cart with our little plastic guns and started hitting anything and everything. the ride ended and I got the title 'space ace' which was ranked higher by 2 places than what troye got, which was ' space cadet'. We looked at our pictures and mine was with my tongue sticking out, which I often did while trying to concentrate. I looked at Troyes and his was him holding his gun, not looking at the screen in front of us, but looking at me. he score was low which made sense now. did he do that most of the ride?

We took a monorail to Hollywood studios which was themed to look like Hollywood in the 50's. The only good rides there were tower of terror, toy story, and rockin roller coaster.

" Troye, I don wanna ride it! It's scary!" I complained about rockin roller coaster.

the line was a 30 minute wait which rarely happens at this time of day, which made Troye want to go on it even more.

" it's fine. it's literally 90 seconds. maybe not even that." He said reassuringly.

" it's the only ride in all of disney that goes upside down. it goes upside down 3 different times." I said.

" to be fair you can only feel it once." he smiled.

" 1 time too many." I said.

" what about every time you get scared tonight, you can hold onto me?" He asked, knowing he made me feel safer.

" ok." I said.

We went into a room where the band Aerosmith was late for a concert which was the backstory to the ride. we waited in line until the lad told us we were in the first row. I grabbed Troyes hand instantly and he smiled.

We went into a countdown from 5 to 1 and on 1 you shot off. I squeezed my eyes shut and didn't dare try and open them. Troye squeezed my hand and I squeezed it much harder back for the rest of the ride. I felt my stomach go into my throat and waited for it to be over.

We got off and my our picture was what I would use to represent troye and I as a couple. Troye had a smile on his face holding our intertwined hands in the air with me eyes shut waiting for it to be over. I liked it but without troye I wouldn't have even walked in the gates to the ride.

We walked over to the tower of terror which had the most reassuring name ever. we walked through the line a little slower than the other rides but we finally got to the room where you watched the video on why the hotel was created and how it got haunted. We walked through the boiler rooms that lead to the elevators. We sat front row and I didn't let go of Troyes hand once. we went up a little and I closed my eyes, expecting to be dropped.

" open your eyes." troye whispered.

I peaked and saw a hallway that turned into a night sky. we went up a little and I kept my eyes open. the elevator moved through a hallway till it had gotten dark. we moved and I felt us go up and I saw the elevator doors open, exposing the whole park. I squeezed Troyes hand because I knew it was coming. it dropped us and I screamed and troye laughed as we went from going up and down while he kissed my cheek.

We got off and I didn't bother looking at the picture or waiting on Troye. I ran out and waited by the exit while having tears in my eyes. Troye walked out with our picture but ran over to me when he noticed I wasn't ok.

" what's wrong?" He asked.

" I- I don't like it." I cried out.

" I won't make you ride it again if you don't want to. do you want to see the picture?" He said, siting by me, me leaning my head on his shoulder while I nodded.

It was where I hid my face behind Troye because I didn't want to see myself getting dropped while he kissed the top of my head. I sniffled as I smiled.

" It's almost time for the fireworks. you want to get something before?" He asked.

" yeah" I smiled out.

We went over to a little stand and ordered a chocolate ice cream cone. we took turns licking it before it melted and we through it away. We found a spot between tower of terror and rockin roller coaster where the trees separated.

" there's something I've been meaning to tell you." he said.

" your pregnant and it's mine?" I asked.

" no." he laughed.

" it's not mine?" I asked.

" there aren't any babies in this relationship yet." he laughed even harder.

" you aren't breaking up with me at Disneyland are you?" I asked, getting serious.

" god no. I wanted to tell you." he said pausing.

" I love you." he said quickly.

One by one, fireworks explodes in front us but I couldn't look away from troye. I couldn't say it back because he did it in the cutest way. I grabbed his face on both sides of his head and smashed our lips together, moving in sync. it felt like the fireworks in front of me were set off between our lips.

I pulled back and looked at him in the eyes. he smiled and blushed. I looked at him and just remembered we've come so far.

" I love you too."