Chap.16

It was May 30, or exactly a week before Troye's birthday. I was clearly more excited than him, but he didn't know what was coming. I had finally figured out the perfect birthday gift for him

*flashback*

Troye had just fallen asleep and I thought it would be a fun idea to just look up trips to Australia with the next 2 weeks. I knew it was a bad idea from the start but I couldn't stop it. I had moved to the bedroom and plugged my laptop up to the outlet in the wall. Troye had moved over and leaned his head on my waist since I sat up right. He snuggled his face into my thigh and smile as he drifted into a deeper sleep.

I smiled and turned back to the computer screen. The best flight date was 3 days before Troyes birthday. I filled out the information to purchase 2 plane ticket to Perth, Australia even though I promised myself I was just looking.

* end of flashback*

I had gotten the 2 slips of paper earlier this week and it took everything to keep it from Troye. I ripped the brown paper covering the album and looked at the multi-colored music notes. I gently opened the cover to show the record hidden by a flap. I slid the tickets into the flap on top of the record so he would see them for sure. I rewrapped the album in a simple blue wrapping and put a red bow on the top. I walked into the kitchen where Troye was editing a video for next week with the record behind my back.

" Troye?" I asked, waiting for him to shorten the clip he was on.

" Yeah?" He said, now looking at me.

I revealed the album behind my back to show him his birthday gift that was indeed a week early.

" What is this?" He said, flipping the album around as if it would say what it was on the wrapping paper.

" an early birthday gift." I said.

He looked over at me and smiled. He appreciated the wrapping paper plus the bow before ripping it into pieces. He saw the notes against the black background an his smile grew.

" How did you know I wanted this?" He practically screamed.

Woah, good job Connor...

" It seemed like you." I said through a smile.

" Thank you so much Connor!" He said, getting up and hugging me around the neck.

" Why don't you go play it?" I said pointing to the record player once we pulled apart.

He walked over to the player and opened up the album, causing the tickets to fall out onto the floor. He didn't notice and continued putting the record under the record player's arm. He turned around and noticed the tickets on the floor and squatted to look at them.

" What the..?" He said drifting off.

I looked at his lips as he read the tickets and watched him read the line over and over again. he got louder and louder until his lips could actually form the words.

" Perth, Austrilia? What is this, Connor?" He said, looking unknowing.

" I thought it would be fair you could see both your family and me on your birthday, and I though it would've been a good to tell them?" I said, sounding more like a question.

He ran back over to me, this time clutching the back of my shirt between his fingers. He swayed us left and right while I rubbed circles in his back and smiled.

I grabbed the back his legs and he wrapped them around my waist, stilling hiding his face from me. I sat down on the couch with him still cradled around me. he eventually looked at me, teary eyed and smiling harder than I've ever seen.

" Thank you." he whispered, choking on his words.

" Your welcome." I said bringing him into another hug.

" How did I get so lucky?" He whispered into my ear.

" I should be asking you that." I said, nuzzling my head into his.

He intertwined our fingers and rested his nose against my cheek.

" Let's watch tv." I said grabbing the remote when Troye reached for it at the exact moment.

" I want control of the remote." He mumbled.

" I will fight you for this." I replied to him.

" Come on then." he said getting off me.

" What?" I asked.

" Let's wrestle for it." he said smiling.

I smiled and got ready, which wasn't much help. Even though Troyes a little scrawny, he has some muscle that I under-estimated. He had successfully pinned me to the couch and smiled above me at my signs of struggle. I flipped him so now I was on top of him. He smiled at me because He knew I felt victorious above him since I never really have been able to look down at him, and looking longing at his eyes without hurting my neck.

My affection had blinded me and had caused an open wound for me and Troye saw his opportunity. He tried to flip me and he did, right off the couch, onto the floor, my head hitting the coffee table on the way down.

Troye flung himself down to me and looked down at me. I was holding the back of my head in my hands where I was hit. pain rushed through my body and I cried out. Troye crawled behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, bring my closer, his lips touching my neck.

" I'm sorry. It's going to be ok." He said, lips brushing against my neck.

I whimpered and shook from pain and he kissed the back of my head. I knew we probably looked stupid. a couple between the couch and coffee table, one with tears in there eyes and the other one rubbing the others chest, trying to get them to calm down.

I turned around when I was finally calmed down enough to see Troye's blue eyes.

" I'm so sorry." He said hiding his face.

" Do I get control the remote?" I asked smiling.

He pushed me a little on the shoulder an laughed.

" Of course you would ask that. yes, Franta you do." He said, grabbing my clammy hands.