Family Day/Outing:

After Breakfast, the Sbi decided to let Tommy rest while they came up with a plan on what to do.

Once they had an idea, they went to Tommy's room and woke him up.

"Where are we going?" Tommy asked curiously and tiredly. "You'll see." Wilbur said with a small, soft smile.

Tommy just shrugged and smiled as the group helped get him ready. Once they were all ready, Techno pushed Tommy's wheelchair outside.

When they didn't go to the car, Tommy looked at the group in confusion. "Don't worry mate. We're going on a walk today. It isn't far." Phil reassured his son gently.

Tommy just nodded and smiled as they all made their way down the street from the house and into the town square.

Techno made sure to check on him every few minutes by seeing his reactions to things. He smiled when he saw the big but tired smile on his little brother's face.

They made their way down to the shore/beach. This confused Tommy because he knew for a fact that he definitely couldn't go on the beach with his wheelchair.

That just saddened him more. The beach was one of his favourite places. He loved the feeling of sand between his toes.

A tear suddenly slipped down his face. Fortunately for him, Will and Phil weren't looking at him. But unfortunately for him, Techno was.

Luckily for Tommy, Techno didn't question it and just placed a gentle hand on the boy's shoulder for comfort.

Tommy just let his hand rest there before Techno pulled his hand away and tried to start a conversation with him.

"What's your favourite ice cream flavour Tommy?" He asked the boy. Tommy looked at him in confusion.

"Just answer the question Toms." Techno said with a chuckle. "Vanilla." Tommy responded with a laugh of his own at how fed up Techno sounded.

Techno nodded at his answer which just confused the boy more. "Why?" He asked curiously. Techno sighed with a small smile and pointed to the place they were walking to.

Tommy looked and saw his favourite ice cream shop and smiled excitedly. "Ice cream!" He said happily.

The other men just smiled and laughed at his reaction. They quickly made their way inside and ordered 4 Vanilla ice creams.

After getting their ice creams, they made their way down to the beach again and talked while eating the ice cold desserts.

As they talked, Tommy suddenly leaned back against his chair in a relaxed way while staring at the beach.

He watched as the tide slowly came onto the shore and then back into the sea.

All he could think about was how much he wanted to stand on the beach as the sand got in between his toes, and the waves soaking his feet.

When he was younger, it was his favourite thing to do at the beach. And now the realisation was slowly kicking in, that he could never do small things like that again. He took it for granted, and now he could never experience it again.

He wished that he had taken more time to truly appreciate how lucky he was, until the shooting that is.

As he stared at the beach longingly, he wasn't even paying attention as his friends all looked at him in confusion.

"Tommy? Mate? Are you ok?" Phil asked in concern for the boy. That snapped Tommy out of it as he looked at the group who were watching him with concern etched on their faces.

Tommy just nodded. "I'm fine." He tried to reassure them, but not one of them believed him. Though they also didn't question it anymore.

After a few more minutes, the group slowly made their way back to the holiday house.

When they arrived back, they all got ready for bed after showering. Tommy had to have a bit of help, but Techno didn't mind and helped him get ready for bed.

They all went to bed that night feeling happy about the day they just had. But one thing was continuously replaying in Techno's mind.

'Why did Tommy look so upset at the beach?' He thought of this multiple times before falling into a dreamless asleep.