Step-Father/Daughter time!

Nickolye

I stayed home to keep Nav safe, but to be honest, her and I don't have the greatest of a bond.

"Nav, can you come here please?" I ask to her, she follows suit and arrives.

"Yes Nick?" She asked

"Hey, your mom went out tonight with Mack and Blue, what do you wanna do?" I asked her trying to spend time with her.

"I wanna play some games! Can you be my doctor?" She asked.

"I can try" I said struggling a bit to get up due to the cast, but I made due.

"Okay so..." She began.

Twenty minutes later...

"Nick you okay?" She asked me.
"You get hurt in every game we play." She said cocking her head.

"I'm sorry Nav, I really want to play, but I'm not sure if this is going to let me..." I said pointing to the cast.

"Oh..." She said looking down.

"Hey" I said trying to comfort her. "Are there any others games we can try?"

"No... I'm all out." She said, "it's not fair, why can't you take it off?" She asked.

"Believe me Hun, I wish I could, I would do it just for you, even if it meant I'd have to heal for a longer time, but I can't..." I said a bit sad.

She seemed to notice this and got sad too

"How about we watch a movie?" I asked her.

"Yea! I'll go get my favorite one!" She said.

She brought back Shrek... Man that one is an old one.

"I haven't seen this one in years. Good choice Nav."

When the movie was half way through, she fell asleep, I picked her up and began up the stairs, I hadn't noticed she woke up due to my wobbling...

"Night Nav, love you" I whispered as I lay her in bed and kissed her forehead.

She hugged me tight so suddenly, I thought I was getting attacked.

"I love you too... Dad."

D-dad? Did she just call me Dad!?

"Thank you for today, I love you so much" she said again.

I hugged her back, "Anyday sweetheart, goodnight." I said as I walked out of her room.

"Hey Dad?" She asked

"Yes Hun?"

"Really... Thank you."

I teared up as I said, "if you don't feel good in the morning, let me know. We can stay home tomorrow too, but the next day you will be going okay?"

"I understand, goodnight Dad."

"Good night my angel, sleep well." I hopped down the stairs again to see Chilli on the couch in tears, happy tears...

"I heard you and Nav, you take so good care of her Nick." She said hugging me.

"Oh... Thank you Chilli."

"Please call me mom."

"Will do, Mom. Love you."

"Love you too.

Bingo, Bluey, and Mack all walked in, it looked like Bingo was going to flip a table.

"These two are drunk, mum can you get em to bed please? Mack won't be going home as he will not have his Dad there tonight." Bingo said.

"Okay, cmon you two" she said pulling em both, looking furious.

"I'd assume it went as I would expect?" I asked Bingo.

"Yea pretty much, how was your guys father/daughter night?" She asked me.

"She called me Dad, Bingo" I said.

"S-she what?" Bingo looked like she was gonna cry... A good cry

"You do so well with her, I'd imagine why..." Bingo said, "You do so well to fit in with all of us, I love you so much Hun." She kissed me again.

"I love you too Babe, wanna watch a movie tonight?" I asked her.

"Yea, let's. I need a break after tonight."

"I'd expect as much, alrighty, we already have Shrek in, me and Nav were watching it."

"Oh? You guys didn't play any games?"

"We tried, but she soon realized my cast wasn't going to work for it. Shes an observant little bug." I said happily.

"I love our little bug" she said.

"I do too my beautiful butterfly." I said to her.

As we watched Shrek, Bingo fell asleep next to me, so I snuggled up, got comfortable with her, and fell asleep with her on the couch for the night.

God I love my family...