Chapter 27

"I can't believe you get to go to Dahyun's house before us..." Chaeyoung whined, while Tzuyu patted her on the shoulder.

"Did you at least visit her old house?" Momo asked, and Tzuyu tilted her head, looking up.

"Um...No. We've seen the outside, but Dahyun's never actually let us in." She said, and Mina gritted her teeth. She knew from experience that if somebody avoided visitors, it meant that something was going on.

"That's odd. If so, why did she agree to us coming?" Sana asked, and Jeongyeon sighed.

"Maybe her current house is much nicer than her old house?" She didn't seem to find anything about this even remotely strange. 

"I guess that makes sense." Nayeon nodded. "Maybe it's also because they asked, but you guys didn't?" She suggested, looking at Chaeyoung and Tzuyu.

"Hm." Tzuyu replied, but Mina didn't want to stick with that theory. She knew that something was going on, and she could feel it. Mina wasn't sure why, but she unconsciously leaned into Momo.

*You okay?* Momo blinked, and Mina didn't answer for a little.

*I think there's something going on with Dahyun.* Mina paused again. *This feels weird.*

*I'll trust you on this, Mitang.* Momo replied.

🌿🌿🌿

"Your house is huge!" Sana marvelled, as the girls stood by the front door.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks." Dahyun smiled, her voice low. She opened the door, and the inside looked even more glamorous than the outside. There were beautiful gold encrusted decorations, and a large golden chandelier as the centrepiece. 

"I don't think I want to know how many rooms are in here." Mina mumbled, her eyes wide. While Sana and Mina were talking about the house, Momo was focused on something else.

"Are your parents home?" She asked, and the change in body language showed that Dahyun was a little nervous.

"They're never usually home. I don't...I don't really know where they are." Dahyun stammered, avoiding eye contact.

"Shit." Momo thought. This meant that they couldn't confront Mr and Mrs Kim. If they didn't arrive soon, this entire trip would have been a waste of time.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" Dahyun swiftly changed the subject, purposely looking at everything but Momo.

"Sure." Sana smiled, though her best friends could tell that she was also disappointed.

🌿🌿🌿

"You have a balcony?" Mina gasped, running to follow Dahyun. Her parents hadn't arrived, and that bothered the girls.

"Yeah!" Dahyun grinned, leaning on the fencing. She wasn't sure how they ended up alone.

"Are you always on your own here? Isn't it boring?" Mina asked, and Dahyun sighed.

"I-it's really not that bad..."

"I'd be bored if I were as lonely as you."

"You're really blunt..." Dahyun pouted, and Mina shrugged.

"I get that a lot."

They stayed in silence for a few moments, before Dahyun spoke.

"You know that night? Can I really talk to you about - you know - my problems?" She asked, slowly and hesitantly. Mina's eyes widened.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, you can." She then giggled. "If you need advice about your parents, I might not be very helpful though..."

"How did you know?"

"You're a very predictable person." Mina shook her head disapprovingly. "Go on, then."

"I don't think my parents love me." Dahyun's voice lowered. "I'm never enough for them, and I always seem to ruin everything. My brother was so much better, it's a shame he-" She stopped talking. Mina wasn't expecting to care about Dahyun's venting, but she felt bad. She was snapped back into the reality of her mission when she heard two key words.

"'Brother'? 'Was'? Did something happen?" Mina questioned, and the other girl chuckled grimly.

"Yeah. He went missing a year ago." 

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." Mina looked down, stepping away slightly.

"It's fine. My parents never liked talking about him anyway, so I don't know why or how the news got out."

"Huh?"

"Nobody knew about my brother before this year. Suddenly, everyone began talking about him and comparing me to him. I don't know who leaked it." Dahyun explained. Mina gave her a sympathetic smile, and out of the two, Mina was the only one who noticed her two best friends spying on them. 

🌿🌿🌿

"Ooh, Tofu has family issues!" Sana giggled, clapping her hands silently. "How hilarious!"

Momo frowned, raising her eyebrow.

"Don't both you and Mina have family issues?"

"Well, yeah, but that's different cause it's us!" Sana retaliated, crossing her arms. Momo face palmed, sighing.

"And just when I thought you couldn't get any more sadistic..."

Mina and Dahyun met them soon after, and they all said goodbye. As the trio left, Mina groaned.

"Why are you so bad at spying?" She complained, and Momo frowned.

"Hey! That's only because you have a great sense of hearing! Satang could back me up on this!" Momo argued, and Sana nodded, scrunching her nose to look angry.

"Yeah! Dahyun didn't notice!"

"You girls are unbelievable..." Mina smiled, sighing dramatically. Momo then spoke again.

"But what do we do now? How are we ever going to confront Dahyun's parents if we can't find them?"

Momo and Mina both jumped when Sana gasped loudly.

"Don't you understand?" She exclaimed, making frantic hand gestures. "They obviously know that assassins are after them, so why would they hide in their home? They would want to hide somewhere that nobody would find, somewhere that nobody would expect!"

Sana smirked when the others finally caught on.

"That seems too risky." Mina shuddered, but Momo firmly grabbed her shoulders.

"Mitang, please tell me what isn't risky about this entire mission. This is a very good idea, and we have to hurry up and act on it." Momo paused. "Before it's too late."

Mina's expression became serious, and she nodded.

"Fine."

(🍉This has nothing to do with the story, but free Palestine! This isn't war, this is GENOCIDE. 🍉 )