Chapter 24

Sana was still searching, but this time Jeongyeon was walking with her. None of them were prepared to bump into panicked looking Nayeon and Momo.

"We think assassins are trying to murder Mr and Mrs Kim!" Nayeon exclaimed, and Sana stared at her with wide eyes. She quickly glanced over at Momo before continuing her act.

"What do you mean?"

"Yuna. Apparently Lia told her about how these assassins called 'MiSaMo' were planning to infiltrate the school!" Momo explained, and she wasn't faking her panic, she was just scared for a different reason. "And for some reason she thinks you're one of them, Sana!"

"That's crazy. How could Sana be an assassin?"Jeongyeon interjected, not knowing that she was completely wrong herself.

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID!" Nayeon agreed, waving her arms around frantically. Once again, Sana glanced at Momo, who was still playing along, but had the 'we'll-talk-about-this-later' look in her eyes. Sana swallowed thickly when she realised that she was in trouble.

🌿🌿🌿

"Did you tell somebody? Are you a hundred percent sure that you didn't do anything!?" Momo asked frantically, biting her nails.

"Yes! We've been at this for thirty minutes now!" Sana nodded, and Mina, who'd finally stopped zoning out was next to her. Momo muttered something before turning around. She was shaking, and as Sana tried to step closer, she was pushed off. Of course the push was gentle, more of a nudge, but it still startled the girl. Momo normally liked something even as small as a touch on the shoulder when she was upset.

"Momo, I don't think-" Mina tried to speak, but was harshly cut off by Momo as she turned back to the two girls.

"Of course not! Because you - no - NONE of you ever stop to think!" She yelled. She didn't want those words to come out but they did. She wanted it to stop. "I HAVE BEEN SO STRESSED BECAUSE I'M HELPING YOU OUT, HELPING CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR MISTAKES," She pointed at Sana when she said those last words. Her best friend's reassuring smile melting was the last thing she needed to see. "AND MINA! I'M SORRY THAT NOT EVERYONE CAN ACCOMODATE TO YOUR NEEDS! YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO EXPECT EVERYTHING FROM PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR LIFE! HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY KNOW ABOUT YOUR SOB-STORY?"

Those were the words that she meant the least. Mina was just staring at her, her lip quivering as a tear was obviously threatening to fall.

"I'm sorry." Was what she really wanted to say. But that never came out. Momo wanted to apologise a million times over, but she was still the same person she always was. She became the part of herself she hated the most. The part who was easily overwhelmed, the part who snapped instead of just sucking it up like she usually did. Mina ended up stealing away the words Momo wanted to say.

"I'm sorry..." She murmured, already crying. Now Momo felt even more guilty. She, along with Sana, had helped Mina escape the habit of apologising for things she didn't do wrong, and she feared she may have brought it back. "I'm sorry that I-" Mina couldn't finish her sentence as her chest was already heaving. Sana quickly wrapped the crying girl in her arms, despite her own tears. She looked at Momo, and what made the whole situation worse was that there wasn't a single bit of hatred in her eyes. Sana even smiled at her, despite being clearly offended. That sad smile was so unfortunately familiar.

Momo didn't know what came over her in that moment, but she ran. She ran out of the dorm and out of the building.

"I'm sorry." She sobbed quietly as she finally took a seat on a bench away from other students. She mentally cursed at herself for only allowing those words to leave her lips then.