Chapter 20

"What happened there?" Tzuyu asked as soon as Mina had left. She was the last one to join the argument, and even though she was involved, she wasn't nearly as loud as the others. Sana scoffed.

"Actually, I'd like to ask what happened there." She replied, grinning sarcastically. Nayeon sighed.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea that Mina could get that panicked - I was just upset with Dahyun. I didn't meant to make her like that." Nayeon admitted, looking down. "But why? What happened to her?"

Momo bit her lip. She didn't want to share Mina's private information, but the girls really seemed like they genuinely wanted to know. So they could learn from it.

"Mina didn't have amazing parents. She grew up in a bad environment, and over the years she's grown extremely sensitive to loud noises or anything else that could trigger her." 

Sana decided to speak. She turned to Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. "When Mina rushed out of your dorm, it was because Jeongyeon dropped her glass. Normally she wouldn't panic from that, but I guess it's because she's in the country where it all happened to her." Sana shuddered. "Years of that can really mess up someone's mind."

Jeongyeon was confused. "She lived in Korea?"

Momo bobbed her head. "We all did. Before we went back to Japan, for...personal reasons." It was really because they got scouted to go to J.Y.P, but they couldn't tell them that. She turned to Nayeon who was avoiding eye contact. "If you think it's your fault, it's not. You didn't know, and you won't do it again unless it's really necessary, right?"

And Nayeon nodded, smiling slightly. 

"But are you sure you're okay?" Jeongyeon asked Momo. The girl was wincing a bit. "Mina did manage to punch you a little..."

"I'll be fine." Momo smiled, but the pain was still present. Even in panic, Mina was a very capable girl. They discussed a little longer until Dahyun decided to go back to her own dorm.

The others said their goodbyes, neither of them knowing that Dahyun wasn't actually returning to her dorm.

🌿🌿🌿

Mina looked up at the sky, her blue umbrella raised above her head. 

"That was embarrassing." She muttered to herself. It would have been better if it were just her, Sana and Momo, but with everyone else, she just felt exposed. Everyone was staring at her and she hated it. She jumped when she heard sort of a whooshing sound. There was giggling surrounding her, and once again, just as she recognised the eyes and the smile, she recognised the laugh. 'She' was definitely back. There was no doubt about it.

"I see you've begun to catch on!" The voice giggled obnoxiously. Mina couldn't properly see the girl as she kept flashing past. "It's fun to mislead your friends!"

Mina grimaced. If this definitely was who she had in mind, she became much more annoying. She was like an unbearable version of Sana. She wondered if every extrovert was this exasperating. Since she was an assassin, Mina carried a hidden blade. She clutched it defensively in case anyone decided to strike.

"Good luck with that, Minari. You can't fight back your past!"

Mina jumped when she felt a hand touch her shoulder.

"SHIT!" She saw it was Dahyun. A soaked, clearly cold Dahyun. "Oh, it's you. Why are you out here?"

"I was worried for you." She grasped the broken buttons of her coat. "It's quite cold outside."

"Why is your coat so useless?" Mina asked bluntly.

"Why did you bring an umbrella when you have a hooded coat?" Dahyun retorted.

Mina scoffed. "I was in an umbrella type of mood. Simple as that." She looked up again. "You've made sure I'm fine, now you can go back to your dorm. You're going to catch a cold."

"Don't wanna." Dahyun replied shortly.

"Are you a child?" Mina asked, raising her eyebrow.

"That's rude. But technically we aren't adults yet, so-" 

And Mina disappeared. Dahyun had only blinked, and when she opened her eyes the girl was gone. It seemed to have stopped raining, but then Dahyun realised that Mina had left the umbrella in her hand.

"How thoughtful...Still an odd person, though."

🌿🌿🌿

"Mitang, don't worry about me, I'm fine." Momo smiled, but Mina wasn't listening.

"No! I shouldn't have punched you, I didn't mean to!"

"I know you didn't, which is why it doesn't matter." Momo said, and Mina looked at her with concerned eyes. She exhaled shakily. "You are really strong though..."

And Momo should not have said that because Mina began apologising all over again.

🌿🌿🌿

Mina twisted and turned in her bed, her mind endlessly replaying what happened. She couldn't believe 'she' was near, and she didn't have a clue of who's side 'she' was on. Her head then began replaying what 'she' did to her, and suddenly her room seemed really small. Almost suffocatingly small. 

She was broken away from her thoughts by the sound of her phone ringing. She answered, though irritated, because who in their right mind would call someone at 2am?

"Hello?"

"Minaaaa!"

The girl cringed. She recognised that voice, which was none other than Dahyun. Her words sounded slurred however, and Mina was slightly concerned.

"What's going on? Are you drunk?"

"NOOOOOO! She said it was chocolate milk."

"WHO?" Mina was getting exasperated.

"That girl who gave it to me..." Dahyun replied, sighing dramatically. There was a sound like a thump, and she sighed again. "I guess this grass is a comfy bed. My head does hurt though..."

Mina jumped out of bed, panicking a little more. She hated seeing others drunk because it reminded her of her childhood. Dahyun didn't seem like the violent drunk, however, so she figured it would be okay. Anyways, she didn't know how hurt Dahyun was, she couldn't just leave her outside.

"AND YOU JUST TAKE CHOCOLATE MILK FROM A RANDOM PERSON!?" 

"I like chocolate..."

This girl was really testing Mina's patience.