Chapter 4

"I still think this idea's childish." Tzuyu frowned, examining her light stick. It was glowing a dark blue colour.

"At least you get to pick the colours!" Nayeon smiled, looking at her sky blue stick.

"Still picking the same boring sky blue colour as last year?" Jeongyeon teased, showing off her own.

"Hey! You picked the lime green again!"

"Nuh-uh. This one is yellowy-green. There's a difference." Jeongyeon looked her best friend up and down. "Of course, you wouldn't understand that." She sniffed, emphasising the 'you'.

Momo grinned at the two. If anything, they were more childish than the lollipop-shaped sticks. She beamed at hers. She personally liked the idea. She chose pink, while Sana chose purple and Mina chose Mint.

Momo looked at Sana, who seemed to have her attention somewhere else.

"What's up?"

"Her." Sana pointed at a tall girl walking towards them.

"Heyyy Nayeonnie~" An irritating and grating voice sang.

"Heyyy Yuna~" Nayeon mimicked, before giving the girl a glare. "Where's the rest of your 'superior' group?"

"Not important. You made some other friends, I see?" she waved sweetly at MiSaMo, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. She grimaced when she noticed something. "And you still haven't fixed those hideous teeth?" 

Jeongyeon's eyes narrowed. From the corner of her eye, Tzuyu could see her fist clenching so tightly her knuckles turned white.

"Well now that you've said that I'm never going to get them 'fixed'." Nayeon smiled at Yuna.

 "What happened to you, Nayeonnie? You used to be so fun but now you're just too uptight..." Yuna pouted, batting her eyelashes in 'innocence'. "You changed."

"Don't call me Nayeonnie. We have never been friends and will never be friends. And by fun, if you mean sitting in the corner letting you and your gang beat me up both physically and mentally, then sure, I guess I did change." 

Yuna rolled her eyes before storming off.

"She used to hurt you?" Chaeyoung asked, worry clear on her face.

"Yes, but they've stopped. They were too scared to get expelled." She flashed a reassuring grin to the others. "You're safe from them."

"How about her? Is she another member of the group?" Momo questioned, pointing at a blonde girl who just hugged Yuna. "She looks like a foreigner." She observed her hair colour.

"That's Choi Lia. She lived in Canada for three years, and I guess she got it dyed." Jeongyeon explained, sighing. "She used to be the sweetest member of ITZY but then a student called her by her birth name and all hell broke loose." She rolled her eyes at Yuna seemingly fanning away tears as Lia looked at her, empathy on her face. "That Yuna is a real baby."

"What's her birth name?" Mina asked, fully expecting something hideous.

"Jisu."

Mina blinked. "Uh, do you know why she changed it?"

"No clue." Jeongyeon said, shaking her head.

They carried on chatting but Sana's attention drifted off once again. Lia was leading a reluctant looking Dahyun out of the hall. 

MiSaMo created this code when they officially became a group. It would be too simple, to easy to just use morse code, so they made their own blink code. This is the same code they were using now.

*I'm going to follow them.* Sana blinked at the others while she was conversing about food.

*Alright, be careful.* Mina and Momo answered, but as far as all the other girls on the table could tell, all they were worried about was what they would eat for dinner.

"Excuse me, I'm going to the bathroom." Sana said before hastily leaving in the same direction as the two blonde girls. 

Sana arrived just in time to see Lia pushing Dahyun to the wall of a small closet.

"What do you want now, Lia?"

Sana gasped silently as Lia slapped the girl's face. She was spying from the other side of the wall. She thought Dahyun would fight back or snap back with a witty remark due to the energy she gave off in class and JYP's description of her, but to her surprise she did none of that. She just looked at the floor as Lia laughed.

"Do you really think nobody knows that the only reason you're here is because of your parents?" Lia asked, scoffing.

"But I passed. I didn't ask my parents for anything." Dahyun mumbled in response. Where did the confident, privileged girl go?

"Of course you did." Lia sarcastically answered. "You're nothing, Dahyun. If your parents didn't own the school you would be at some shitty public school. Stop acting superior, you will never be as good as your brother."

Lia kicked Dahyun in the stomach and went close to her face. 

"Don't forget the deal."

Lia turned to leave and Sana hid in a classroom. When the coast was clear, Sana quickly went back to the closet where Dahyun had slid to the floor, still leaning against the wall. She could get a better look at her. 

Dahyun had pale skin, big eyes and Sana noticed she had monolids. 

"Dahyun?" 

The girl noticed her and immediately stood up, blushing in embarrassment. She was about to run away when Sana blocked the door.

"And what would you want?"

There was that attitude again.

"You seem upset, are you okay?" Sana asked, shaking off the annoyance rising.

"Why do you care?" Dahyun retorted after realising she failed to hide the tears falling down her face.

"Because I don't like seeing others upset." This was only a half truth. If that person did something to tick her off, then she would be fine watching them get skinned alive and chopped up. Bonus points if she were the one doing it.

"Well I'm fine now. So stop meddling!" Dahyun rushed off before poor Sana could say anything else.

She decided it would be better not to chase after her and walked back to the lunch hall. She reported to her best friends - in the code of course - and continued chatting with the others who were completely oblivious to the previous event. 

The school day was over and students boarding could go to their dorms. Sana slipped away from Momo and Mina and met Lia. 

"C-c-c-can I t-t-t-talk t-t-t-t-t-o you?" Sana asked her, putting on a shy or scared act. "I-i-i-i-if you d-d-d-d-don't m-m-m-m-mind..." She did regret the excessive stuttering. ITZY laughed mockingly and a girl who she recognised as 2Yeon's description of Shin Ryujin imitated her.

"Of course." Lia smiled in mock kindness and patted her hand. The two walked to an empty classroom and Sana closed the door behind them. Her awkward act was replaced with a stone cold glare, her eyes piercing through Lia's soul.

"What do you think you're doing with Dahyun?" Sana interrogated, stepping forward. Lia backed up against a desk trying to remain calm. It was hard to mask her intimidation as it was just the two of them in a dark classroom.

"W-what does it have to do with you?" She stammered, failing an attempt to hide her nervousness.

"Not important. Listen, I don't know what 'deal' you have with Dahyun and I don't imagine you'll tell me but I intend on finding out." Sana went up to Lia's ear and whispered:

"Watch your steps, Choi Jisu."