Chapter 26

"You really thought you could get away with this?" Momo giggled, spinning the dagger in her hand as the man, Kang Hye, cowered in fear. Not only was he a thief, but he abused his family. This only added to the list of reasons why he should die.

The girl quickly looked beside her to see Mina and, although she was covering it up, both Momo and Sana could tell that she was angry. Ever since her parents died, she'd developed a hatred for abusers, viewing them as nothing but filthy creatures that needed to be removed from the Earth.

"Would you do the honours?" Momo asked, and she'd rarely ever seen her best friend snatch a dagger so quickly. The girls blinked silently as they watched Mina relentlessly stab the client, seeming to take joy in his screams.

Mina's technique was certainly something to admire, however. She was purposely avoiding any vital area, and making sure that she didn't stab too deeply. Mina wanted to keep him alive for as long as possible, and neither Momo nor Sana dared to stop her.

Even though it took ages to clean themselves up (Mina got blood splattered on everyone) it seemed to be worth it. Sana walked into Momo's room at night, and the latter sighed.

"What, is Mitang giggling in her sleep again?" 

Sana nodded, and Momo smirked.

"What do you think she's dreaming ab-"

She was interrupted by Sana's exasperated voice.

"Don't be like that. Not even I want to think about it." Sana shuddered, closing her eyes briefly. When Mina giggled in her sleep, she was dreaming about killing abusers, an eternal grudge that would undoubtedly stay forever.

"Wake her up then. You know that her dreams like that usually become nightmares. And if not, she wakes up sad." Momo laid back down in her bed, and Sana gaped at her.

"Why do I have to do it!?" Sana whined. "She creeps me out..."

"Hey. Judging by your recent grades, you spend more time in class fantasising about your next mission than paying attention. We have to deal with you 'creeping us out' everyday."

🌿🌿🌿

Sana made her way over to Mina, sulking, but it wasn't because she didn't like Mina. It was just that Momo made her wake her up every single time, and Sana was now sure that it was out of spite. Sana did feel guilty, though, because she always hated openly admitting how her best friend freaked her out.

"Mitang?" Sana noticed that her friend's smile was already fading, so she got there just on time.

"Satang? What's wrong?" Mina asked, her voice sweet as always. Sana's guilt grew worse so she shook her head.

"Um, I just wanted to sleep beside you tonight. I dreamt of my parents again." She lied, and her friend seemed to believe that.

"Of course. But why not Momo?" Mina questioned, holding onto Sana as the latter got into her bed.

"You're calmer. If I try to sleep with Momo, we'll end up staying awake all night doing dumb shit."

"Hm..." Her best friend hummed, closing her eyes. This was one of the many reasons why Sana was extremely grateful for Mina. Until Sana fell asleep, Mina whispered soothing words in her ear, cuddling her. It was almost as if Mina was somewhat comforting herself as well.

🌿🌿🌿

Sana woke up still in Mina's arms. Not that she was surprised, there was no room to move in the single bed. Mina was still asleep, but she'd buried her face in Sana's chest, and was trembling slightly. Sana suddenly felt terrible for lying to her, because they could have gotten this over with the night before.

Mina unconsciously held onto her tighter, as low sobs began to leave her lips.

"It's all my fault..." She mumbled, her sobs growing louder. "I'm sorry..."

"Mitang," Sana whispered, combing through her best friend's hair with her fingers. "You're safe. They're gone now."

Mina opened her eyes, but it seemed like she was still in a half asleep state, too deep in her nightmare to make sense of what was actually going on.

"They're going to kill me..." Mina sobbed, and Sana tell that her best friend was on the verge of going into a serious panic. "God, I'm so stupid..."

Sana hated that there were actually people in the world who made their children feel like this, and she hated knowing how terribly Mina was affected by this.

"They won't." Sana answered. "I promise that you're safe now. They can't hurt you anymore." Sana's heart ached as she thought of the times Mina told them how frequently those monsters came close to killing her. Mina was now clinging onto her best friend so tightly it hurt, but Sana didn't care.

"Why won't they go away?" Mina cried, her voice now layered with frustration. "Why can't they just leave me alone?"

"I don't know, Mitang." Sana sighed. "I know it's unfair. It's fucking unfair, because it wasn't your fault to begin with. It's fucking unfair how you have to deal with this when you were the one being abused."

Mina stayed silent, listening to Sana speak as her sobs slowly became hiccups.

"It's annoying, being reminded of that every day, and it makes you feel like shit. But that's okay. It's okay to not be okay, Mitang." Sana smiled. "It's okay to be traumatised and scared, but you should never feel like any of that was your fault."

"Thank you..." Mina whispered.

"You're welcome, Mitang."

Silence.

"Does it really freak you out when I giggle in my sleep?" 

"How did you know you were giggling?" Sana asked, and Mina laughed softly.

"I'm good at remembering my dreams."

(You wanted MiSana and I delivered!🩷)