Chapter 8

"But I have." Momo mumbled, tears streaming from her eyes. Sana didn't even need to ask to know what she was talking about. 

"Momoring. Their death wasn't your fault. When will you stop thinking that?" Sana asked, her tone hurt. "If anything, the doctors failed. They only took them in when it was far too late."

"I should have done more..."

"I understand that you're sad, but-" Sana was interrupted.

"I'm not only sad for myself. They were your parents too."

Sana froze. The same words Momo spoke all those years ago. She bit her lip, trying to gather all her thoughts.

"Why are you so selfless? Stop thinking about me." Sana knew these words meant nothing to Momo. She and Mina had always repeated this same sentence but their stubborn friend never listened.

"How can I not think about you? You and Mitang are the only ones I have left."

Sana just wrapped her arms tightly around Momo as a response. She smiled warmly when the gesture was eventually reciprocated.

"We love you so much, Momoring." Sana whispered. "Don't ever forget to take care of yourself as well."

The three stayed like that until Momo had calmed down. They sat down on Mina's bed. 

"So, how the hell did JYP find out?" Mina asked, confused. It wasn't possible for their boss to find out, unless...

They all gasped as they came to the same conclusion.

"He's sent someone to spy on us!?" They all exclaimed simultaneously.

"Does he not trust us? Are we that untrustworthy?" Sana asked, and Mina patted her forearm sympathetically.

"Not us, just you, Satang."

Sana looked at Mina with wide eyes, outrage written all over her face. Mina giggled lightly, before averting her vision elsewhere innocently.

"Maybe this is just a test. Be careful, we don't know what'll happen." Momo warned the others, to which they nodded.

🌿🌿🌿

"So you got in trouble for beating up Yeji?" Nayeon asked, stifling a laugh.

"Mhm."

"You avenged me!" Nayeon exclaimed, slapping Momo's shoulder as she cackled. Momo sent an alarmed look at Jeongyeon, who only shrugged. 

"She always does that. I'm just happy it's not me, for once."

"ITZY seem really close though." Momo said, and caught the other's attention. They were at an ice-cream parlour on the campus.

"Really? When I think mean girls I think fake." Tzuyu asked, interested.

Jeongyeon hummed as she licked her strawberry sorbet. "Yep, if there's one thing ITZY love, it's each other."

Momo sighed, looking down. "I kinda feel bad. Obviously they're bitches, but Ryujin's face when she saw Yeji..." She trailed off.

"I get it." Nayeon said, tilting her head. "Especially what happened to Lia. They are devastated."

"Whoever did that went too far." Sana agreed, causing her best friends to mentally facepalm. All three of them knew Sana felt anything but remorse. They couldn't blame her, that's just how she was. If someone pissed her off, she couldn't give a shit about what happened to them. Sometimes she wanted to feel at least sympathy, but unless it was someone she really cared about she was unable to.