Chapter 31: Trapped In Terror

~ Trigger Warning: This chapter may be disturbing to some as it contains gun violence. ~

Essence's POV: At school the next day

"E, I'm panicking." Syd groaned as she rushed into the school.

"Is it about the 'pit'?" I asked. 

She nodded. The pit was a codename for the baby. Get it? 'Cause some fruits have pits inside of them.

"You know?!" Eli hissed.

"I-I-I told her before I told you," Syd muttered.

Eli gave me a look.

"I didn't tell anyone, and I don't plan on telling anyone. Don't worry." I comforted.

"Why are you guys being secretive?" Aya smirked as she walked over to us.

"We're not being secretive. Where's your little girlfriend?" Syd asked.

"Alright, changing the subject, I won't question that. She's sick." Aya pouted.

"Oh, there's Daniel and Bailey, E, stay calm." Syd teased.

"Puh-lease, I'm not worried about those two. They can do what they want. I don't care." I scoffed.

They sat down at the table, giggling about something. He put his arm around her and kissed her cheek.

"You sure you don't care?" Aya giggled.

"Yes, I'm sure." I hissed as I pulled out my phone.

"Hm, hiding out on your phone--" Syd.

"Sydney, shut the fuck up." I snarled.

Oh.

"I won't be mad about that, 'cause clearly you're hiding how you're feeling." She sighed as she played with my hair.

"I don't care that they're doing whatever the fuck they're doing. It's just annoying as fuck when you guys try to make it seem like I do." I muttered.

"Fine, we won't keep joking about it." Aya comforted.

"Thank you." I grinned lightly.

I really didn't care. Daniel seemed happy, and that's all that really mattered to me. I felt my phone ping and looked to see that Daniel texted me. Bailey was talking to him, but he was looking straight at me. I quickly picked up my phone to see what he said.

Him: I gotta talk to you, but I don't know how to without everyone getting suspicious.

Me: Just walk over here, tell Bailey you gotta talk to me about something, tell her it's nothing to worry about, 'cause I'm assuming it isn't.

Him: It's not, but she has a jealousy problem.

"Why are you two texting when you can just walk over there or he can just come over here?" Syd whispered.

" 'Cause someone is jealous of me." I smirked.

Daniel put his phone down and walked over to where I was sitting.

"U-U-Uh, I just came over here to tell you I might have Bailey over tonight, b-but if that makes you uncomfortable or something, I can just go to her house." He stammered.

"She doesn't know we still live together... Does she?" I giggled.

"Heh, no... S-So what's the plan?" He asked.

"I'll go over to Myles' house, but you gotta tell her eventually." I sighed.

"She's not gonna like that." He groaned.