Chapter 22: Tryst of Taboo

~ Author's Note: This is a shorter chapter, it was only nine pages on a Google Doc, but the next one is way longer, it's twenty-six pages on the doc. I don't even remember what happens in that chapter, but I'm assuming it's something big... We'll see. This chapter alone just makes me want to write a little story about Maverick and Abigail, and their crazy relationship before she was "murdered". I don't support cheating, but whoo, I'm team Maverigail over Maverissah. ~

Maverick's POV: 16  ½ Years Ago

"Marrissah, do you want to go out tonight? We can have Abigail watch the twins." I suggested.

"No. I don't want to go out." She snapped.

"We haven't gone out since you were seven months pregnant. Eight months ago." I whined.

"I don't care. I'm not leaving this house." She hissed.

"Babe, I've told you multiple times. You don't need to worry about your appearance. You are still as gorgeous as you were before the pregnancy." I comforted.

"So you think I'm insecure?! Great." She scoffed.

"You are insecure. It's obvious. I've tried to help you. I've complimented you, recommended you see a therapist. I don't know what to do anymore." I sighed.

"Of course you're giving up. You give up on everything." She snarled.

I scoffed at her as I left the house. She was just too much to handle sometimes. Ever since Elijah and Essence were born, she only focuses on them and her appearance. I couldn't handle it anymore. I didn't want to be selfish, but it was too draining to be selfless.

"Hey, Abby." I grinned as she opened the door.

"Hey, Mav. What's going on? You sounded very mad over the phone," She said.

"Marrissah's completely insane. I can't deal with her and her PPD anymore." I groaned.

"How about we go to the movies? That'll take your mind off of this." She suggested as she handed me a bottle of water.

"Alright, let's go." I replied.

I really liked to hang out with Abby. She was easy to be around. I didn't have to act a certain way to impress her. I didn't have to be extra sensitive. It was perfect. She was perfect.

During the movie, Abby and I were a bit more flirty than usual. That's just what happens in movie theaters. I came to my senses and stopped everything. Then Rocco texted me.

"A-A-Are you okay?" Abby whispered.

"She cheated on me. She fucking cheated on me with one of my people. Terry fucking Davis. I try everything I can to make her feel better about herself and this is how she repays me?! What about the kids?! Does she not care about any of us?!" I snapped.

"Come on, let's leave the theater so you can process this." She stammered as she assembled our things.

"I can't believe Marrissah would do this to me. We haven't had sex since she was like three months pregnant. She'd say she wasn't ready or comfortable yet, but how did she just easily go and fuck Terry?!" I groaned.

"It's gonna be okay, Mav. You can stay at my house for a bit, take the time to process everything. It's gonna be okay." She comforted.

"Thank you, Abby." I sighed as I hugged her.

We drove to my house. Abby hid in the car so Marrissah wouldn't get suspicious. I tried my best not to confront Marrissah. I didn't want to say anything to her right now.