Part 7

It is Friday afternoon, which means Ivy's party! I am so excited. I ring the doorbell. "Hey! Come inside", Ivy opens the door and hugs me. "You didn't invite Hunter, right?", I joke, she shakes her head. "Only girls party!", I smile at her. When everyone is at Ivy's house, we get in the car. I sit next to Naomi, Ivy sits next to her. Phoebe and Lilly are in the back. They are talking and laughing with each other. "So, who do you guys ship with each other?", Ivy asks. "You and Hunter, of course!", Naomi says. "I mean, of course, I ship Eliza with Otto!", Ivy responds. I can't turn red, so I just say something, "No, Otto and Bailey!", I try to laugh off my jealousy. "Oh, about them... Bailey actually told me that she is with Otto. But you can't tell anyone! Because I promised her not to tell anyone!", Naomi suddenly says. Wait, what? Why does it feel like I am being cheated on? I am not even with Otto. I try to hide my sadness, this is Ivy's party, I can't ruin it because of my jealousy! "Really?", I try to act happy and surprised. But I am sad and surprised. Naomi nods, and I reply with, "Cute". I have to get over you, I mean, Otto. His name is Otto, and I am not talking to him. When we arrived, I put my thoughts aside. I saw that we were in a climbing hall. I loved to climb as a kid. I used to go with my mom and brother. We would do the easy walls, but I would always get to the top. We got an instruction when we walked in. I loved the activity, and I think the others also did. Then the thoughts about Otto got back, I need to write, I want to write. But I don't, instead I just kill the thoughts in my head.

- after the Ivy's party -

"Bye, thanks for everything!", I thank Ivy. "No problem, thanks for the gifts!", Ivy replies. I look next to me, and there is Hunter. "I think that there is a guest for you", I say, and Hunter walks to her. "Hey, love, hey Eliza", Hunter greets, since when is he so nice? Is this the girlfriend effect or what? "Hey, well actually bye", I chuckle at my joke. "Well, bye Eliza then", Hunter says, softly laughing, I wave at them. I get in the car, and I talk to my dad the whole ride. As soon as I get home, I get to my room and pick up my diary. 'Dear diary, I fell for the boyfriend of one of my friends...'