Chapter Fifteen: All Serpents Go to Heaven

Start from the beginning

He was right in that aspect. They needed to get the creature out into open space. "It sounded large, do you think it has the space to turn around?"

"Doubtful."

"I have an idea." She beamed, placing a hand on the crook of his elbow, "But you're not going to agree."

Sebastian turned his head slightly to look down at her. His eyes were searching hers, "What are you thinking, shortcake?"

"Bait."

"The old man is gone. We don't have bait anymore." He pointed out, but he knew exactly what she was insinuating. He just didn't want to accept it as an option, "Why don't you leave the danger planning to me?"

Gracie shrugged, smiling which made him all the more suspicious. "Very well. Are you quick on your feet when it comes to plans?"

"...What's going on in that devious little mind of yours?" Sebastian's grip tightened around the sword, "I swear to Salazar Slytherin himself. If you do something stupid like give yourself up as bait, I'm goin to spa-"

Gracie smirked and darted out of the room. "Stab it as it slithers past!" She called out, not taking the opportunity to look down the hall.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

She picked up her dress and ran as fast as she could down the way they came. Gracie could hear it behind her, but it took everything in her not to turn around. The scent of decay followed her and she kept her eyes locked on the stairs as to not trip.

The creature behind her suddenly let out a thunderous bellow mixed in with an anguished cry. As she ran up the last set of stairs, Gracie heard it slowing down. As the creature passed through, Sebastian must have stabbed his sword into its side and held on as it rushed past him. That would mean he was slicing a gaping wound into the creature and no doubt would be covered in snake guts and blood.

Good.

He deserved it.

Gracie didn't stop until she reached the aisle and could no longer hear it right behind her, but rather heard its dying wails back from the passage she was just in.

"Keep your eyes closed." Sebastian shouted angrily, "I'm stabbing its eyes and then stealing a few fangs."

What? He's what? "Sebastian, that's too dangerous. If you slice your finger on-"

"Don't you lecture me on what's dangerous or not dangerous, Hunt." Sebastian seethed with a growl towards the end. His boots hit the ground, but she could hear a faint splash which meant the corridor was soaked in blood. "You are the most frustrating, most annoying, most-"

"Is there a point to this?" She inquired dryly, gazing up at the architecture of the archways. Here and there she would spot a little stone toad. "Because I'm hungry."

A sloppy crunch sound following by an almost slurrrrp-ing sound echoed around the church and then a... burning smell?

"Sebastian, what are you doing?"

"Burning this place to the fucking ground." He bit out, sounding closer.

"Can I turn around yet?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because your face irritates me at the moment."

What? Gracie turned around, seeing Sebastian walking up the steps from the corridor. His attire was stained with blood. A couple scales on his shoulder and one in his hair. There was a red smear on his cheek, but his eyes were burning with wrath. This must have been the look Lucifer gave to God before his fall.