Zweiundzwanzig

"You okay in there?..."

His voice rang out softly and sympathetic from behind the door.

I squeezed my head tighter as I cried for the first time in years.

"I... I couldn't save her."

I choked out in between sobs.

I heard him lean against the door and sit down...

"She would be mad at you for blaming yourself for something that was out of your control..."

I knew he was right... it made me smile briefly before letting out another sob.

"She'd smack the shit out of me if she saw me now..."

I heard him chuckle a bit as he put his head against the wall.

I leaned my head back and sniffed a few times.

Thinking about how much of an attitude she would give me made me smile a bit more as the tears ran down my cheeks.

"She would have liked you..."

I took in a shaky breath as I stared at the ceiling.

"If she's as great as you make her out to be, then I'm sure I would have liked her too..."

I let out a small laugh.

"Oh god no. You would have hated her... She was stubborn as hell. Worse than me... She had a big mouth and her attitude would have driven you crazy."

I heard him chuckle a bit from the other side of the door as his voice was still comforting.

"I wonder which one of us she would piss off more..."

I smiled and let a laugh out from my nose.

"Definitely you... but she would have liked you... god... I miss her... She could light up any room she walked into... Her green eyes always had a sparkle in them... I loved her so much..."

I tired to hold back the tears again as I slowly nodded my head.

We stayed quiet for a long moment as it felt like she was there with us... I could almost feel her smile as I spoke about her...

I felt my cheek burn a bit as the tears ran down, then it went just as soon as it came... like she was wiping my tears away for me.

Something kept telling me to go to him... to finish cleaning myself up and go to him... I gave a sad smile as I looked up.

I'm not ready to get over you Ade... but I feel like you keep pushing me too... I know he cares just as much as you did... give me some kinda sign... anything so I know for sure...

And just as I said that to myself... I felt the ache from chest lift a bit...

I put my head back down and shook it as I softly chuckled...

"Fine... I'm goin'..."

I took in one more deep breath and finished cleaning myself up.

I pulled the plug in the tub and got out making sure to wrap myself in a towel.

"König... I'm out..."

I made sure everything was covered as I heard him get up.

"Okay... Do you need me to come in or get you a set of clothes?"

"A comfy set of clothes would be nice..."

"Okay, give me a second... I'll go and grab a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants..."

Before I could answer I heard him leave my dorm and I smiled to myself a bit as I opened the bathroom door and shuffled to my bed.

I sat down and patiently waited for him to get back.

A few minutes went by and I saw him come in with a large hoodie and a pair a sweatpants that looked like they would actually fit me.

He closed the door behind him and set the clothes down on my bed next to me.

"Is that hoodie yours?"

He got a bit shy as I brought it up, he brought his hand to his neck as he shrugged a bit.

"Ja... I thought it would be comfortable to wear... du kannst... keep it if you want... It's nothing special."

God... he really is sweet isn't he...

I smiled as I looked down to the ground a bit.

"König... Thank you... I know I haven't said it yet... but, thank you... for taking care of me, and saving my life twice already..."

I could tell that made him blush as he put his head down and his voice still sounded a bit shy.

"You don't need to thank me. That's what I'm here for... I'm just doing what any man would do in my position."

I smiled again as I reached for his hoodie. I made sure the towel stayed up over my chest as I carefully brought the hoodie over my head.

"You look comfy."

I pulled my shoulder up to my jaw and smiled as I reached for the sweatpants.

"I'll be a lot more comfortable once I'm in bed..."

He smiled and nodded.

"You're probably right... And don't ever hesitate to ask me for one of my hoodies, ja?"

I raised my eyebrows at him with a smile.

"Don't give me too much power now. I'll end up stealing all of them."

He shook his head and smiled with a sigh.

"Ja, I know you would... I'd find you curled up in a ball on a pile of them in your room one day."

I shrugged as I pulled the sweatpants on and took the towel off from underneath the clothes.

"Don't tempt me..."

I saw the smile reach his eyes while he shook his head.

I carefully moved to lay down in bed. I didn't want to sleep while he was here, but the exhaustion was getting to me.

He crouched down next to the bed and rested his arms on it.

"Do you need anything else? Some Wasser? Food? Anything?"

"A water bottle and my meds would be nice..."

I curled up a bit as I looked back at him with tired eyes.

He slowly blinked and nodded. He reached into his vest pocket and pulled out my bottle of meds and stood up.

"I'll be right back with a few bottles of water... try to get some sleep."

He brushed my messy and disheveled hair behind my ear as he smiled, and walked out of the dorm.

I felt my eyes grow heavy as he left and I fell asleep before he could get back...