Chapter 18

"My time as the CEO of Lawfirm Taesan has been incredibly valuable. But the idea of going back to practicing law in the field makes my heart race with anticipation. "The CEO said as their were cameras filming her.

"It feels like I'm regressing in age," she said with a smile directed at the interviewer. 

 "You may say that, but you made the brave and honourable decision to resign voluntarily from your position. As the top law firm in the country, Taesan, your decision will serve as a positive example for other firms still bound by hereditary structures," the interviewer remarked, causing the CEO to smile. 

"I am immensely proud of my father for establishing Taesan, and I am grateful to have followed in his footsteps to become an attorney. However, I have no intention of imposing the same path on my own son," the CEO stated. 

 "What does your son aspire to be?" the interviewer inquired. 

 "Hmm, I'm not entirely sure. I believe he is taking his time to discover his passion," she replied.

 "From a mother's perspective, it can be frustrating to see him spending so much time on his computer," she added, prompting a chuckle from the interviewer, who then checked the time on her watch. 

 "Alright, I believe we have covered enough for the interview. Thank you for your time today," the interviewer said, standing up and bowing to the CEO before leaving the office.

 As they exited, an employee entered the office.  "Chairman Choi Jeongu has withdrawn all of his cases from us. He has switched to Hanbada," the employee began. 

 "Why? Is he still upset that we couldn't secure him the one billion won compensation?" the CEO asked. 

 "Yes, it appears so," the employee confirmed, causing the CEO to take a seat and let out a sigh.

 "Jeez, that man. Changing law firms won't change that. Did Hanbada promise to get him the money?" the CEO questioned. 

 "Well..." the employee hesitated. 

 "No way?! Really? Hanbada claimed they would provide him with one billion one??" the CEO exclaimed. 

 "Apparently, they even mentioned the possibility of 33.2 billion won," the employee replied, handing the CEO the files.

The CEO swiftly skimmed through the documents."Lee Chaeryeong? Who is Lee Chaeryeong?" She inquired. 

"Their rookie attorney," the employee replied.

 "There was a promise of land as a donation in the marriage agreement. And they're arguing for special damages based on that," the CEO stated. 

"That's intriguing," the CEO chuckled. 

"Just the kind of idea a rookie would have," she added, glancing at her employee. 

"How did we overlook someone like her?" she pondered, examining the papers."

Should I check if she also applied to Taesan?" the employee asked."No, that's not necessary," the CEO responded. 

"What should we do about Chairman Choi?" the employee inquired.

"Let him go since he says he's leaving. When something upsets him in Hanbada, I'm certain he'll return to us," the CEO replied.The employee bowed and exited her office.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two couples arrived home after a long day at work and immediately kicked off their shoes. The wife, noticing the darkness, questioned, "Why are the lights off?" 

The husband called out for Jeonghun, their first son, and then for Jeongin, their second son. 

As their mother adjusted the pillow on the sofa and took off her husband's blazer, she called out for Jeonghun once more. 

Suddenly, they heard screams coming from Jeongin's room. 

Without hesitation, they rushed to Jeongin's room only to witness Jeonghun striking Jeongin in the face. 

The father swiftly intervened, shouting, "Jeonghun! Yang Jeonghun! Snap out of it!" He slapped Jeonghan in an attempt to bring him back to reality. 

Meanwhile, the mother cried out in distress, seeing her son lying there, motionless and covered in blood.

Gasping for breath, she pleaded, "Honey! What's wrong with Jeongin?!" The father checked to ensure Jeongin's heart was still beating, while Jeonghan, now on his feet, softly kept on hitting his own head and continued to yell in anguish over his actions. 

"Jeongin! Wake up, honey!" the mother exclaimed desperately. 

While Jeonghan repeatedly exclaimed, "Die! Stop it! Die! Stop it!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Case 3 - This is Pengsoo

--------------------------------

Chaeryeong stood still, fixated on her nameplate outside her office. As she stood there, Ryujin walked by and decided to approach her.

"Wow! You've got a new nameplate!" Ryujin said 

 'Attorney Lee Chaeryeong'!" Ryujin read out

"Are you happy?" Ryujin asked, a warm smile on her face. 

"Yes," Chaeryeong nodded. 

"Do you want me to take a picture?" Ryujin offered. 

"Yes," Chaeryeong replied, taking out her phone and handing it to Ryujin. 

"What's wrong? Why do you look mad?" Ryujin asked, looking at Chaeryeong through the phone camera. 

"Smile a little," Ryujin suggested, and Chaeryeong unknowingly smiled creepily."Okay... Let's go back to looking mad," Ryujin said. 

"Okay," Chaeryeong agreed. 

Suddenly, Chaeryeong's phone started ringing, and the caller ID showed 'Attorney Choi Yeonjun.'

 Ryujin returned the phone to Chaeryeong, who answered the call. 

"Hello," Chaeryeong greeted. 

"Attorney Lee, please come to my office immediately," Yeonjun said. 

"Okay," she replied and ended the call. 

"Should we take the pictures another time?" Ryujin asked. 

"Yes, another time," Chaeryeong said, walking away to go to Yeonjun's office. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------