Chapter 17

"Who gave you permission to withdraw the lawsuit?" Lia's dad questioned. 

"Who said you can?!" He shouted in the courtroom, capturing everyone's attention. 

"The plaintiff. Please calm down and take a seat," the judge responded, looking directly at him.

 Lia's dad's assistant gently grabbed his arm and guided him to sit down. 

"If you withdraw the lawsuit, it will be as if you never filed it in the first place," the judge informed Lia. "Do you still want to withdraw?" the judge asked. 

"Yes," Lia replied. 

"Are you absolutely sure?" the judge inquired once again. 

"Yes, I am sure," Lia affirmed. 

"Defendant, do you agree with the withdrawal of the lawsuit?" the judge asked. 

The defendant glanced at Daehyeon Hotel's attorney, who vigorously nodded in agreement.

 "Yes, I agree," the defendant stated. 

"The lawsuit is now closed as the plaintiff has withdrawn. Court is adjourned," the judge declared. 

Lia's dad stood up from his seat and approached Lia. "What do you think you're doing?!" he yelled, pointing at her. 

"Are you determined to embarrass your father?!" he yelled once more. 

Suddenly, a tall man stood beside Lia, and she stood up. "What are you doing here?" her dad questioned. "He isn't just my best friend..." Lia began. 

Flashback...

 "Keep going, bride and groom!" someone exclaimed at the wedding. 

As Eunseok and Lia continued their journey down the aisle, their hands tightly held, Lia suddenly halted and turned her attention to a particular man in the crowd, his face displaying a sense of sadness. 

End of flashback

Lia grasped the man's hand firmly. Her dad, unaware of what was happening, glanced at her absentmindedly.

"If I ever have to marry someone, it will be him," Lia declared, gazing at the man named Soobin. "With the person I truly love," Lia added, now looking at her dad. 

Suddenly, her dad started shouting. 

"Chairman!" his assistant exclaimed, noticing his back pain. "This way!" the assistant directed, leading him out of the courtroom. 

Soobin smiled at Lia, and she returned the smile. They intertwined their fingers and walked out of the courtroom, capturing everyone's attention. 

Just then, Ryujin entered the courtroom and witnessed the two leaving. 

"What happened?" Ryujin inquired, approaching Beomgyu and Chaeryeong."It was cool," Beomgyu responded nonchalantly. "Yep," Chaeryeong agreed. "What is it?! Tell me!" Ryujin exclaimed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeji hurriedly entered the restaurant and one of the staff members guided her to the room. Chaeryeong exclaimed, "Miss! You can sit here!" 

 "I apologize for being late," Yeji said as she took a seat. 

"What are you both having?" Yeji inquired, looking at Ryujin and Chaeryeong. 

 "I've been having stomach troubles, so I opted for crabmeat porridge," Ryujin replied with an embarrassed smile. 

 "I'm enjoying some seaweed sushi because I like it," Chaeryeong answered, causing the others to stare at her. 

"Well, I understand, but still," Yeji chuckled."I'm treating you all, and you're having crabmeat porridge and seaweed sushi instead of a 300,000 won course meal?" Yeji asked. 

 "Our team is... quite diverse," Yeonjun remarked. 

 "Yes, indeed, very diverse," Yeji replied, chuckling at him. 

 "Anyway, you all did a great job. It was a challenging request, but you all gave your best and found a solution," Yeji praised them. 

 "I wish we could have taken it all the way to a settlement. It's a shame," Yeonjun expressed.

"It's not our fault. The daughter changed her mind. But Chairman Choi must have been impressed by your dedication," Yeji reassured. 

 "He has given us new cases. Let's continue to excel from now on!" Yeji added. 

 "Really? That's fantastic!" Beomgyu exclaimed and Yeji nodded.

 "Now, everyone, enjoy your meal," Yeji concluded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While standing outside the restaurant, Taehyun noticed Chaeryeong stepping out. 

"Attorney Lee!" he called out to her. 

Chaeryeong respectfully bowed and before Taehyun could utter a word, she had already walked away. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dad, I'm back!" Chaeryeong exclaimed, causing her dad to wake up from his nap on the couch. "What's this?" Her dad asked, as Chaeryeong handed him a box. 

"It's from a restaurant where the meal costs 300,000 won per person," Chaeryeong explained, taking a seat. 

"Oh my goodness, really?" He said, placing the box down.

"My daughter brought home food for her dad!" He exclaimed. 

"I can't believe I've lived to see this day," he added. "I'm all grown up," Chaeryeong said, watching him unpack the food. 

"Oh my goodness, my Chaeryeong bought seaweed sushi for her dad," he said. 

"Yes!" Chaeryeong replied. 

"For her dad who makes gimbap all day, my Chaeryeong bought sushi," he looked at her.

 "From a 300,000 won restaurant, my Chaeryeong bought sushi," he said, looking at her. 

"Yes!" Chaeryeong exclaimed. And then he started eating while she went to take a shower. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok VERY LATE UPDATE BUT WAHTEVER HOW WAS IT LMAO IDK WHAT TO WRITE oh btw  i changed lias 'husband' to eunseok so it will fit the storyline