Chapter 14

The judge inquired about the incident, expressing concern over the slipping wedding dress. He wondered if it was truly a significant matter. "Could it have been a harmless incident that we could have laughed off?" he asked his attorneys.

 "I'm really concerned about the misuse of judicial power," he expressed, glancing at his attorneys. Yeonjun, addressing the judge, shared, "Ms. Choi, the plaintiff, has been seeking psychiatric assistance for more than two months due to this matter. Her relationship with her husband is in turmoil, and there are even discussions about ending their marriage." 

"The defendant, Daehyeon Hotel, received a substantial amount of 230 million won from the plaintiff and organized the wedding. If the outcome is a failed marriage, we cannot simply overlook the damages," he emphasized. 

"We firmly believe that this is not a situation that can be brushed off lightly," he reiterated. 

In the office, one of the attorneys argued that the incident where the wedding dress slipped off was a result of the plaintiff's carelessness, not the fault of Daehyeon Hotel.

"Hence, the responsibility for the plaintiff's psychiatric treatment and the potential breakdown of her marriage does not lie with the hotel, therefore, the plaintiff's psychiatric treatment and her marriage are not the hotel's fault." The man concluded.

Undeterred, the man continued to assert the hotel's innocence, providing a litany of reasons why they were not at fault for the incident. Chaeryeong and Ryujin were left dumbfounded by the startling remarks that spilled from his mouth, their gazes locking with Yeonjun's in disbelief.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If I had to diagnose her, it would be post-traumatic stress disorder. The wedding incident really traumatized her and it continues to cause her distress," Lia's psychiatrist informed Ryujin and Beomgyu."She's making great progress now, but immediately after the wedding, her insomnia, eating disorder, and social phobia were extremely severe," he added. 

"Do you think her PTSD could be the reason for her marriage falling apart?" Ryujin asked.

 "As attorneys, you should be aware," he replied with a smile, discreetly checking her out, while Beomgyu noticed and gave him a disgusted look.

 "As a doctor, I have a responsibility to protect my patient's privacy," the doctor told Ryujin. 

"To be honest, we need a professional opinion stating that her PTSD could have contributed to the breakdown of their marriage," Beomgyu told the doctor."Would you be willing to testify in court? It's for Ms. Choi's benefit," he asked the doctor. 

"For Ms. Choi's sake... Are you sure? "The doctor asked and Beomgyu stared at him. 

"I don't think I can testify. I'm sorry," he apologized, staring at Ryujin, as if she was the one asking him, which Beomgyu noticed and gave the doctor another disgusted look, unbeknownst to them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The waitress gracefully served Chaeryeong and Taehyun their beverages, flashing a warm smile at both of them before departing. Breaking the silence, Taehyun playfully posed a question to Chaeryeong. "Do you have any other fascinating topics to discuss with me, besides whales?" Chaeryeong responded curtly, taking a sip of her delightful strawberry milkshake. 

Taehyun chuckled, his eyes gleaming with amusement. "How about we establish a designated time to delve into the world of whales? Instead of sporadic conversations about them." He proposed.