Chapter 16

The court day

Yeonjun rose from his seat and approached the defendant, initiating his line of questioning. "Defendant, were you present when the two families met?" Yeonjun inquired. 

 "Yes, indeed. As the chairman of Daehyeon Hotel, I am also Eunseok's uncle," the man replied. 

 "I kindly treated them to a meal," he added. 

 "On that day, Mr. Yoo Jinyoung promised the plaintiff a wedding gift. Do you recall?" Yeonjun asked, pointing towards Lia. 

 "A wedding gift?" Eunseok's uncle questioned. 

 "I'm not certain. Was there any mention of a wedding gift?" he asked again. 

 "Mr. Yoo Jinyoung promised the plaintiff his property in Korea. You heard this and remarked, 'you are too generous.' Do you remember now?" Yeonjun pressed, attempting to jog the man's memory. 

 The Daehyeon Hotel attorney, upon hearing this, vigorously shook his head, hoping that Eunseok's uncle would deny it. 

 "I simply spoke the truth. It is not easy to give away land worth tens of billions of won, no matter how much you like your granddaughter-in-law," the man responded. 

 "So, you were aware that Mr. Yoo Jinyoung promised to gift the plaintiff property worth tens of billions of won, correct?" Yeonjun inquired. 

 The Daehyeon Hotel attorney pretended to cough in an effort to divert Eunseok's uncle's attention, but it proved unsuccessful."Is this correct?" Yeonjun asked once more. 

"Well... yes," the man nodded in agreement.

 Suddenly, Ryujin's stomach began to ache again, prompting her to leave. 

"Where are you going?" Beomgyu asked, but she simply just walked away. 

 "Your honour, the plaintiff had special circumstances regarding the promised land as a condition of the marriage, and the defendant was aware of this. Therefore, the plaintiff requests 33.2 billion won..." Yeonjun addressed the judge.

 As he spoke, Lia turned around to see Ryujin leaving, only to be greeted by the entrance of a tall man into the courtroom. 

Upon spotting her, he flashed her a quick smile before promptly taking a seat.

"Well... I see a reason not to. Submit the change application in writing," the judge declared."Yes, sir," Yeonjun acknowledged.Yeonjun bowed to Eunseok's uncle while Lia's dad was quietly cheering in victory.

 The judge inquired, "Is there any other matter that needs to be addressed today?"

The judge inquired if there were any additional matters to be addressed today. 

Lia promptly raised her hand and exclaimed, "I do!" The judge then turned to the plaintiff and asked if they had anything to say. 

Lia, to everyone's surprise, stated, "I would like to withdraw the lawsuit." Her father looked at her in disbelief, and the judge questioned, "What?" Lia reiterated her desire to withdraw the lawsuit, causing her father to glare at her. 

Chaeryeong observed the situation with a fixed gaze.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

Lia, who was present in Chaeryeong's office at the time, inquired, "What steps should I take to bring an end to this situation?" 

Chaeryeong responded, "The term 'charge' is exclusively used in criminal cases. In this particular situation, you should use the phrase 'to withdraw the lawsuit.'" 

 Lia let out a sigh and asked, "Alright, so how do I go about withdrawing the lawsuit?"

 Chaeryeong inquired, "Withdrawing the lawsuit is still considered a victory, but the commission fee is quite high. Are you comfortable with that?"

Lia assured Chaeryeong, "Yes, absolutely! I am not concerned about the financial aspect."

 Chaeryeong continued, "There are two options available, which one--" but before she could finish her sentence, Lia interrupted."The simpler one," Lia interjected. 

 Chaeryeong instructed Lia, "During the trial, simply state 'I would like to withdraw the lawsuit' to the judge." 

 Lia expressed her astonishment, "Is that all?"

Chaeryeong confirmed, "Yes." 

 Lia exclaimed, realizing how straightforward it was, "That's surprisingly easy!" 

 Chaeryeong responded with a simple "mhm."

 Lia exclaimed with gratitude, extending her hand for a handshake, "Why didn't I do this sooner?! Thank you so much!" They shook hands, and Lia departed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of flashback

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

end of chapter LMAO im probably gonna update this again soon idk im just too lazy ok