Chapter 1

''There comes a day for every parent when they ask themselves if their kids could be special. For my father, that day was January 6th, 2007.'' Chaeryeong said

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2007

"Chaeryeong," her father called out.

"Chaeryeong?" He called out again.

"Chaeryeong, look at me," her father said. Chaeryeong was engrossed in staring at the whale glass figure. 

"Chaeryeong, Lee Chaeryeong, look at me," her father said again, filled with concern. 

"You said Chaeryeong can't talk even though she's five years old?" The doctor asked her father.

 "Yes," he replied. 

"Not even simple words like mom or dad?" The doctor inquired once more. 

"No, not at all," her father answered.The doctor diligently wrote down notes and then began speaking, "We'll have to investigate further, but it appears that Chaeryeong is autistic."

"What?" Her dad looked at the doctor in disbelief. 

"Autistic?" He asked, glancing behind him to see Chaeryeong still standing there, fixated on the whale glass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After visiting the doctors

Chaeryeong, a five-year-old girl, walked home with her dad while enjoying a fish cake. 

Her dad asked her if she liked it and held her hand, but she simply let go of his hand and continued walking. 

Her dad sighed and walked alongside her. 

Suddenly, an old man yelled at them, pointing in their direction.

Suddenly an old man shouted ''Hey!'' where they were and went downstairs to confront Chaeryeong's dad.

The old man, who seemed unpleasant, accused her dad of trying to get with his wife, claiming that he had shown mercy by not raising the rent for him. 

''What did you do?! What did you do with my wife, you PUNK!!'' He yelled again, breaking some peoples eardrums he pushed Chaeryeong's dad again

''Your wife was babysitting Chaeryeong because I had to go to work!'' Her dad said getting the crusty man off of him

He pushed her dad slightly and started yelling and pointing at him. 

Chaeryeong watched the two men fight while feeling helpless. 

Her dad fought back, denying the accusations made by the old man. 

''You. You dare come to my house while I was away with an excuse of leaving your kid so MY wife can babysit?!'' The man yelled pointing at her dad. AGAIN.

''You bastard!! You are going to die!'' The man kept cursing while Chaeryeongs dad kept looking at her, because she was hearing all the curse words

''After spitting your damn nonsense like that!!'' The man continued while Chae's dad went to her to cover her ears

''How dare you swear infront of a child!'' her dad shouted

"What?" The old man exclaimed in disbelief. 

"You have no right!" her dad reiterated sternly. 

"What did you say?! You wretched scoundrel!" the old man yelled once more.