Chapter 6

Yeonjun's words were abruptly interrupted by a knock on the door. "Yes, come in," he said, welcoming Chaeryeong and Taehyun into the office.

 Ryujin quickly fixed her hair while Beomgyu quietly waved at Taehyun, who waved back.

 Yeonjun gestured for them to sit down, and the conversation shifted to the recent hospital visit. "So Taehyun went to the hospital with you?" Yeonjun asked Chaeryeong, and she just nodded. 

Beomgyu, curious asked if anything good happened. Chaeryeong sighed and explained, "Not good. I think I have to get the letter of non-punishment next time because he caused a scene today." She took a seat in front of Beomgyu, while Taehyun settled in front of Ryujin. 

 Taehyun couldn't help but comment on the victim's temper. "Gosh, his temper is no joke. He cursed every second he laid his eyes on Attorney Lee," he said, taking off his bag.

 "I could relate to the old woman, no wonder she hit him," he added, sympathizing with the situation.

 Yeonjun, puzzled by the mention of curses, asked for clarification. "Cursed? Why?" Chaeryeong took a deep breath and revealed, "He thinks my father and the defendant had an affair a long time ago, when I was little.''

''Your father and the defendant had an affair?'' Yeonjun asked , still trying to process the information. "What did he say to you?" he asked, wanting to understand the full extent of the situation.

 "You're going to die after spitting your damn nonsense like that," Chaeryeong recalled the hurtful words, causing an uncomfortable silence among the five. Trying to break the tension, Yeonjun quickly changed the topic. "Okay, so I've been thinking of..." he trailed off, momentarily forgetting his train of thought.

 "I've been thinking... Wait, what was I going to say again?" Yeonjun muttered to himself, trying to recall his idea. Finally, it came back to him. "Ahh right, let's request a jury trial for this case," he announced. He explained his reasoning, stating, "If you look at the evidence, it's clearly attempted murder. It doesn't make sense that she didn't want to kill him after hitting him with an iron.'' Realizing the importance of appealing to the jury's emotions, Yeonjun continued, "We'll lose if this becomes a battle of evidence. We have to show that she's in a pitiful situation, which is when the jury trial comes in handy. Because we can appeal to the jury's hearts.''

Beomgyu looked at Attorney Lee and offered his assistance, "Then how about I lend a hand with the trial?" Ryujin simply stared at him.

 Knowing the importance of effective communication in winning over the jury, Beomgyu added, "I've even passed the news anchors exam in the past."

 Not to be outdone, Ryujin quickly interjected, "I came in first place in the speech competition for rookie attorneys."Realizing that speaking like a news anchor might not be the best approach, Ryujin explained, "Speaking persuasively and gently is crucial when addressing the jury." 

Beomgyu looked at her, clearly annoyed, while Ryujin looked at him up and down.

 Sensing the tension between them, Yeonjun decided to ask Attorney Lee for her opinion, "What do you think, Attorney Lee?" 

 "If you're not confident in your speaking abilities, you'll receive assistance," Attorney Lee added, pointing at the two of them.

 "Well... Isn't it important to highlight the defendant's unfortunate situation? And what's more pitiful than a disability? I have autism spectrum disorder," she stated. 

 The room fell silent, and Taehyun smiled at Chaeryeong. 

 "In that case, try to handle it on your own until the end," Yeonjun said."As a Hanbada attorney, make sure to practice your speaking skills to avoid any humiliation," he added.