Chapter 3

"It's a case of public interest," Yeonjun stated as he placed a file on the desk and took a seat. "Please remove the materials," Yeonjun added, and Chaeryeong promptly taking out the necessary documents. 

Yeonjun was about to speak about the defendant, but Chaeryeong continued to organize the materials."Is everything settled?" he inquired.

 Chaeryeong nodded quickly in response. "The defendant is an elderly woman in her seventies. She takes care of her husband, who has mild dementia. On the day of the incident, they had a disagreement, and the defendant became angry and hit him on the forehead," Yeonjun explained. "With an iron that was in front of her," he added, pointing to a picture displaying the iron. 

Chaeryeong looked at the pictures and repeated, "With an iron that was in front of her." 

"This iron resembles a sperm whale!" she exclaimed. Yeonjun gave her a judgmental look, wondering why an iron would resemble a sperm whale. 

"Yes, a sperm whale is also known as a cachalot because of its large, square head with a spermaceti organ inside. The spermaceti organ contains a wax-like liquid, which is used to produce sounds," Chaeryeong elaborated. 

"Alright, let's move on," Yeonjun interrupted, but this time, Chaeryeong cut him off. 

"Have you read Herman Melville's novel, Moby-Dick? The whale in that novel is a sperm whale. In the book, it is described as white, but in reality, its body colour is dark grey or purplish brown," she continued. 

Yeonjun gently banged his hand on the table, cutting Chaeryeong off. "What are you talking about now?" he asked, clearly irritated. 

"I'm talking about a sperm whale," Chaeryeong replied. 

"Shouldn't we focus on the case?" Yeonjun pointed at the files. "Oh, right, yes, I'm sorry," Chaeryeong apologized. "No more whale talk," she added.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An elderly woman in her seventies noticed an iron nearby and went to grab it before heading to the sofa to start ironing clothes. Just then, her husband came over and laid down on the sofa.

 "Ugh, my head hurts," he whined. 

"Is it really bad? Would you like some painkillers?" the old lady asked. "I want food," he replied.

 "GIVE ME FOOD!" he snapped, causing the lady to flinch. "You already ate earlier, don't you remember?" she asked. 

 "Oh, my head," the man said once again. 

 Suddenly, the doorbell rang, indicating a delivery. The lady quickly went to the door, thinking it must be the dried permission she was expecting. 

 "Goodness!'' The lady said.

How have you been?" the boy asked. "You're the young man from before!" she exclaimed. "That delivery was so quick, like lightning," the lady added. 

 "I have to work hard," the boy said. "Yes, hardworking and handsome," the lady said with a smile. Her husband woke up and overheard everything she was saying to the boy. "Top husband material, do you have a girlfriend?" she asked.

''Yes," the boy replied."Well, that's unfortunate. You would have been a perfect match for my granddaughter if I had one," the lady said. 

The old lady's husband grew increasingly irritated."What's going on?!" he yelled, throwing a pillow across the room.

 "Alright, bye!" the lady quickly said before closing the door. 

"Darn it!" the man threw another pillow.