Chapter 15

Inside Yeonjun's office, Ryujin, Beomgyu, Taehyun, Chaeryeong, and Lia were all gathered.

"Lia, if you don't speak up, we won't be able to assist you," Yeonjun advised. 

Lia began to share her concerns, "My father... He was incredibly excited about this marriage. He was looking forward to becoming a part of the Daehyeon Group family, but then there were also gifts involved." 

"Gifts?" Yeonjun inquired.

"Eunseok's grandfather owns some land somewhere in Korea, and he promised to give it to me as a wedding gift. My father was particularly thrilled about this. He had numerous plans on how to utilize the land," Lia explained, while everyone diligently took notes. 

"But... I'm not entirely sure," Lia hesitated, capturing everyone's attention."Is it right to be forced into a marriage like this? A marriage with someone you don't love? Someone you've never even met?" Lia questioned."Eunseok and I don't have any feelings for each other. Is this how everyone else lives?" Lia asked again.

 Beomgyu was about to respond, but Yeonjun gestured for him to remain silent. 

Taehyun observed Lia, noticing her distress, and promptly handed her a box of tissues. Lia quietly expressed her gratitude and took a tissue. 

"Even with the lawsuit, I believe my father is doing this out of spite," Lia shared, wiping away her tears with the tissue. 

"He wants to cause trouble for them before ending it, as he won't become a part of their family," Lia added, earning sympathetic looks from Ryujin, who knew about her unrequited love for someone else. (ryujin and lia r best friends i just forgot to mention it in the other chapters)

"I never expected to marry for love, but this is my life. I truly don't know what I should do..." Lia voiced her uncertainty once more. 

Suddenly, Chaeryeong had an idea and stood up to share it with the others in the room. 

"This is great!" Chaeryeong exclaimed, capturing everyone's attention. 

"It's fortunate that the gift is in the form of land. Damages can be divided into three according to the theory of three divisions of damages, but it can also be divided into two. Are you aware of this?" Chaeryeong ask Yeonjun.

Yeonjun glanced at her, his expression filled with offense. "Do you really think I don't know the answer?" he asked Chaeryeong, while she simply stared back at him. 

"Are you referring to general damages and special damages?" Ryujin inquired. 

"Yes! General damages are typically recognized to occur, while special damages are a result of specific circumstances," Chaeryeong explained. 

 "In this case, the cost of the wedding falls under general damages. However, it's only 230 million won, which makes it difficult for the client to request one billion won. But then, it turns out Ms. Choi had a special circumstance, which is the gift of land, or the donative promise of land. How fortunate is that?!" Chaeryeong added. 

 "Yes, that's correct," Ryujin nodded. 

 "This is not just an ordinary marriage, but a marriage with the condition of donative promises of land. If the wedding dress hadn't slipped off, Yoo Eunseok's grandfather, Yoo Jinyoung, wouldn't have seen Ms. Choi's tattoo, and he wouldn't have been disappointed. As a result, the donative promise of land would have been fulfilled as expected. If we argue that the value of the property Ms. Choi couldn't receive from Yoo Jinyoung due to Daehyeon Hotel's mistake is a special damage, we can seek a much larger sum of damages," Chaeryeong explained.