Why Is Is There A 10 Foot Cheeto In The Big House?

Start from the beginning

Kiara put on the headset. It fit like a stage mic, without a wire. She looked at Sati and saw a strange creature on the girl's shoulders. "Is that Layla?"

Sati nodded. "That's super cool." Kiara took off the Augma and passed it back to Sati. "But why were you so excited to have it?"

"Oh, um... well... I, uh... I kinda modified it." Sati said hesitantly.

"Modified it how?" Ariana asked.
Sati looked at the dragon. "I changed the software and added some hacking programs. There's some on my Amusphere too, but I would need to be unconscious for that. The way VR headsets work where I'm from is that they intercept signals sent to the peripheral nervous system with electro-magnetic pulses. Those neurological signals instead power your avatar." Course, those same electro-magnetic pulses could be deadly at times as the Nervegear proved.

"Hey, Isabel. You called us here for a meeting and while it got interrupted by that giant Cheeto, what was so important?"

"Oh, yeah!" Isabel remembered. "We have a prophecy loophole, meaning that we can send a quest to get some of the otherworlders back home," she finally announced.

"I'm sorry, a 'prophecy loophole'? Like anything that convenient would ever happen." One of the boys at the meeting, a scary military type, sneered. "And which of the other-worlders is this so-called 'prophecy loophole'? And why didn't they warn us about the giant Cheeto falling from the sky and almost killing people?"

"First off, that would be me." Opal said, raising her hand. "I can see the future. Second, I am not omniscient. I can't see every future or every person's path. You have any idea how much of a headache that would be. I can only see major events that affect a person's life, so clearly none of you were in fatal danger. And thirdly..." She took a deep breath. "I thought it was just a normal dream, you know? Not everything I see is the future, I can dream like anyone else. At the time I didn't recognize anyone and you have to admit it's a fairly random scenario. I mean, if you saw a giant Cheeto nearly crushing someone while you were sleeping, you can't tell me you'd assume it was a premonition."

That was enough to quiet the room for a bit. "Yeah; that was weird, even for demigods," Isabel commented. "Besides, how else would you explain how Opal knew about Sapphire showing up before anyone saw her?" she said to the rude Ares kid.

"She could have been working with whoever is behind this. Come on guys, use your heads." Sherman said aggressively.

"Well, Mr Yang, do you think someone who has been dropping random people through portals would specifically know your name?" Opal shot back.

"All right, enough. Sherman, we can't just assume that any of the other-worlders are enemies. Most of them are refugees. Opal, we're glad to have you. Is there any other prophetic wisdom you want to tell us?"

The violet-eyed girl pursed her lips. "I'd canvas the city. I've seen a girl on city streets and another up in a really tall building. Also one in a musical and another in a giant park poking a snake. They'll all show up sometime in the next week, I think."

"Wow, that was a lot more straightforward than our usual prophecy wisdom." Katie remarked.

"Yeah, it definitely is," Isabel replied. "Oh, and Chiron, do you think Rachel would be alright with Opal using her cave for now? She also likes to paint out her visions."

"I suppose that would be alright," Chiron said. "Normally I would say to reach out to our current Oracle of Delphi before making such a decision, but due to the recent communication troubles, that seems to be out of the question."
"Alright, now that that's figured out, we can end the meeting, unless anyone else has questions or something to add," Isabel said as she looked around the room. No one said anything. "Okay then. Meeting adjourned."

Everyone went to tend to their own business, leaving Isabel to show Opal Rachel's cave.

———

A/N:
A bit of backstory: the picture is a screenshot of the document where my friends and I actually write the roleplay before transferring it to Wattpad. We put "..." if we're not done responding, and an extra space once we are. One of my friends wrote Cheetos on the other's response and we all had a good laugh about it. It became a kind of inside joke that we started elaborating on. The first thing my brain went to was: "...Cheetos are falling from the sky." The friend that wrote it initially added that they were 10 foot giant Cheetos. We all thought it was so funny that we decided to actually make that a thing, and now it is. I hope you enjoyed that bit of chaos; we certainly had a good time writing it!

Stay safe and watch out for 10 foot giant Cheetos falling from the sky!!!