Blue Meets Red

This is the first story I've ever done so please don't criticize it too much!

Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful.

But he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness, creatures of destruction. The creatures of Grimm set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void.

However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help to even the odds. This power was appropriately named, "Dust".

Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness and in the shadow's absence, came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life.

but even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die.

And when they are gone...darkness will return.

So, you may prepare your guardians...build your monuments to a so-called free world but take heed...there will be no in strength. 

But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require smaller, more honest souls.

Third Person POV.

It is currently nighttime in the city of Vale. A rather quiet night since most have either gone home to sleep or relax from a long day. The streets were most empty, apart from one noticeable barefoot boy walking along the sidewalk with his hands behind his head. Rody had just got done with his little snack, an ice cream cone, and was walking around the city because he was bored and his brother wasn't at the hotel, and it was his first time visiting.

Rody: A bit boring, but at least the city looks nice this time of night.

He then checked the time to make sure it wasn't too late to out and about.

Rody: Eh, I've got about another half-hour before I need to call Isabella...

Rody's thought process trailed off as he stopped in front of a store named 'From Dust Till Dawn' rather appropriately named, considering it wasn't hard to figure out what was being sold there.

Rody: At least the owner has a sense of humor, that's always important to me.

He was ready to walk past the store, contemplating if he and his brother had enough Dust for themself,  when suddenly one of the windows breaks and some guy in a suit, red tie, and red sunglasses as well as a girl wearing a black dress, accompanied by a red cloak. When she stood up, her weapon transformed into a giant scythe. She spun it around, until the blade planted down into the ground, pointed ahead of her.

Out of the window, four more guys in suits appeared along with a tall ginger, who he assumed was the boss, wearing a white coat, bowler hat, and held a cane.

???: Okayyy...Get her!

The four thugs then rushed out holding red machetes towards the girl (more red, huh?), so Rody (being the all-around nice guy he is) decided to lend a hand, at least his night became more interesting. Rody then promptly sprinted towards the action catching one of the thugs off guard with an aura infused punch with his left fist, knocking the dude away, and surprising all the other combatants.

Rody: How 'bout I help you a little bit Red?

???: Uh...okay! Thanks a bunch!

They goons started firing at us, and we both dodged (her semblance allowed her to turn into rose petals? Interesting) Rody thought to himself as he dashed towards two of the thugs and starting using the good old fisticuffs, while the girl began using her scythe to deal with the other two. I smacked away the gun of the first one and then punched the second thug square in the chest, disorienting them, perhaps he should've brought some of the dust he had after all, and roundhouse kicked the first thug in the face. Through a combination of punches and kicks Rody rendered both unconscious, the first one by punching him into the side of a building, and the second one by drop-kicking him down the street and past the bowler hat dude. He turned to see that "Red" had taken the other two out and was looking at Rody with fascination, and he nodded to her in respect, it takes a lot of skill to wield a scythe.