Forever

"Raaaaj, why do you need to work now? At such a late hour. I am sleepy, aao na.", a sleepy Radhika whined.

(aao na - come here)

"Baby", Rajeev averted his eyes from his computer screen and turned towards his wife with a small smile on his face. That smile grew as he noticed how cute she looked, burrowed inside the duvet, a little pout on her face.

"Just five minutes."

Even he did not want to work, as he had told her, but what she did not know was that he was in fact booking tickets for their honeymoon. He wanted it to be a surprise for her.

It had been more than two months to their wedding, and all of them had settled into a really comfortable dynamics. Aditya included. Mom and pops had been hinting at their honeymoon trip for quite some while, but Rajeev was caught in the midst of a really high profile and rather profitable project. Also, Radhika wanted to do a thorough study of her probable PhD topic and wanted to put a stay on their honeymoon until her admission was finalized.

It was. The college was one of the best in the entire state, and her mentor - he was simply the best and the most experienced one. Only one thing wasn't really favorable and that was - her PhD needing her full attention, she could not continue her job anymore, but the department head having already been a fan of Radhika's impeccable work had assured her of a position as soon as she would be done with her doctoral studies. And Radhika had cheerfully accepted it.

And while everyone was as supportive of Radhika as they could be, Rajeev was immensely proud of his intelligent wife - more than anyone.

"Kaddu, you have been saying five minutes since the last twenty minutes now. You better come here.", Radhika pointed a finger in his direction.

Initially Rajeev narrowed his eyes in her direction, hearing the word kaddu. Radhika giggled, completely unfazed and rather amused by his annoyance, but as soon as that look turned into a smug one, and she saw a smirk being plastered on his face, she immediately stretched the duvet a bit more to accommodate her head. In this way, she was entirely engulfed within the duvet, trying to hide herself from her husband. But the damage was already done.

It only must have been a minute before she felt a warm presence around her, and knowing who it was, and what the person's intentions were, she tightened the duvet around herself.

"So Radha.", his voice sounded a bit raspy, and it was of course, because of her proximity. Though they had now been together for such a long time, and had been intimate too for quite some while, he could not help but have a giddy feeling within him, in her vicinity.

"Someone just called me kaddu.", he stated.

Radhika, now truly scared, but in an eagerly anticipating manner, quickly shook her head. The entire visual of hers deeply engulfed within that duet and shaking her head, while still being inside was just too cute for him to endure, and he immediately pressed a sweet innocent kiss to her forehead, or to the duvet, or to her forehead through the duvet - whatever it was. And while this kiss made the both of them smile, Rajeev's actual intentions with his wife were farther away from being innocent. Not that she would mind, he thought.

"Oh yes, but you did.", he stayed put on his words.

"Raaj.....it was just...I wasn't serious you know, just for the sake of it.", she giggled nervously, still tightening the duvet around her.

"Hmm.", he hummed in response, the both of them clearly not believing her words.

"Ohh, but I think it was intentional, and quite serious, my sweet wife.", he had by now placed his palm over the area where the duvet was easy to peel off.