With my family

"Look, there she comes.", Meeta pointed out from the driver's side window, and Gaurav and Rajeev followed her line of vision.

It had been a week since Radhika's parents had called off the engagement after demeaning Rajeev. She had been upset ever since. He could tell that from her tone and her voice during their phone calls. He knew how her and Kartik had been trying to get their parents to agree, but to no avail. They were just too stubborn to relent.

He spoke with his mom and pops about how Radhika's mood was immensely dampened, when Meeta came up with this idea of a family outing. While ideally they would have also included her parents and Kartik in the outing, the present situation wasn't at all favourable for such a scheme.

And which is why, they were here, Rajeev's car parked besides the temple near Radhika's office, ready to surprise her with a dinner and some quality time. That would cheer her up, or so they hoped.

"Wait, I will go get Radha.", his eyes had not left her moving figure for even a moment, and when he turned back towards his parents to say this, he saw the both of them smirking at him, mischief clearly visible in their eyes.

"What?", he knew they were about to tease him, but oh well, he could feign not knowing their intentions.

"So, Raj is going for his Radha, hmm?", Meeta began.

"Look at the way his eyes did not leave her even for a moment, Meeta.", Gaurav too chimed in.

"You guys will give competition to even teenagers with all these words. And I will go, else she will leave towards where she usually takes the taxi from."

"Look at him Gaurav. So impatient.", Meeta would not let her son off the hook so easily.

"Ya. So impatient. So eager. Just looking like a loverboy. Just looking like a loverboy."

( Well, couldn't resist the trend ;) )

And when he said that, Meeta who had been barely controlling her herself, burst into laughter. Rajeev too could not control himself this time, and began chortling with his mom. Gaurav followed suit.

Thankfully, the windows were closed, and their cacophonous laughter stayed contained within the confines of the car, or a nearby passerby would have jumped in their place, scared of that noise.

"The way you said it pops.", Rajeev uttered in between his laughs.

"I know.", Gaurav agreed.

"Okay enough now. We don't want her to get scared of our craziness. Jaa kaddu jaa, go get your Radha.", he declared with a dramatic flair, having been able to control his laughter the first.

(Jaa kaddu jaa - go kaddu, but resembling a dialogue from DDLJ, an iconic Indian movie)

And as he heard the word kaddu spoken outside of their home, he scowled at his pops who was as unbothered as ever.

"Oye kaddu, make faces later, go and get my bahu.", Meeta reminded him.

(bahu - daughter in law)

"Tum dono ke chakkar mein, I forgot that.", he rushed out of the car to get his Radha.

(Tum dono ke chakkar mein - being entangled in your shenanigans)

"Surprise.", he suddenly went in front of her scaring the living daylights out of her. She gasped aloud in fear, and held her hand to her heart, trying to calm herself when she saw him standing in front of her.

"Raj, idiot, you scared me.", she bit his bicep, still trying to calm herself.

"It was fun.", he shrugged only to get yet another smack on his bicep.