When they all meet

"Meeta aunty, Gaurav uncle", an excited Radhika called out their names as she entered the living space of her home where they were sat alongside her father.

Vijaya had come to call her daughter for the discussion of the engagement ceremony which they had planned after a week.

Rajeev and Radhika, both of them had wanted for this ceremony to be a really small one, following all the necessary traditions, but just in the presence of immediate family, and in Radhika's case Neeti. Initially, Anupam and Vijaya had protested to such an arrangement, but seeing Rajeev and his parents' insistence and not believing in going against your daughter's in-laws, they finally complied.

Presently, Radhika's parents had invited them over for lunch and discussion concerning the ceremony.

"Arre, Radhika beta, come here."

Both of them stood to greet her - the radiant smile on her face mirroring the smiles on theirs.

"How are you beta?", Gaurav asked her as he gave her lots of blessings and many good wishes when she bent down to touch his feet.

"I am good uncle. How are the both of you?"

She simply loved these two wonderful humans. They were an absolute delight to be with.

"Ahh yes, we are fine, but I could see your eyes searching for something", Meeta had a mischievous smirk on her face as she approached Radhika a bit more closely, and whispered in her ear, "or should I say someone?"

As expected, a blush made its way onto Radhika's cheeks when she heard her Meeta aunty teasing her.

"Aunty", she half-whined, and half-giggled in response, making Gaurav and Meeta chuckle.

While Anupam and Vijaya were at a distance from them and could not make out what their daughter and her soon to be mother-in-law had spoken, they were really glad to see that the two of them were getting along.

"Welcome Rajeev beta."

Anupam greeted him with a polite smile, which was returned by him as he bent down to take blessings from his soon to be in laws.

And as soon as he had done that, his gaze turned to the person he had come to adore the most in the past few days - his Radha. She was already staring in his direction, albeit with a little more subtlety lest she were to get caught by Meeta aunty and Gaurav uncle who would then have yet another reason to tease her endlessly, or by her parents who would reprimand her softly for being so direct.

His smile deepened when he saw his gorgeous girl in front of him, those dimples popping out yet again which she had come to like a lot. He put his hand in the pocket of his black jeans and gestured her something which she wasn't able to comprehend.

She shook her head.

He smiled at the pout on her face and gestured her to wait for sometime.

All this while, while Anupam and Vijaya were busy discussing what they had to say along with Meeta, Gaurav had caught onto their sweet exchange and gently cleared his throat to get them out of the 'Radha-Raj' zone as he called it.

Rajeev scratched the back of his neck and sent a sheepish smile his papa's way, while Radhika averted her gaze, now a faint blush on her cheeks as she made her way to where her parents were sat.

"Aankhon hi aankhon mein ishara ho gaya.", Gaurav whispered in his son's ears as soon as he was sat.

(Sort of implies, our eyes met and something was spoken in that gesture, in a loving and teasing manner)

"Pops.", Rajeev whispered back.

"Kaddu.", came the retort.

"Not here.", Rajeev half-requested and half-scolded his dad.