Settling scores

"Radha, do we really have to go?"

It had been nearly some three weeks after their wedding, and Rajeev and Radhika were utterly immersed in love. Very much. Stealing glances at each other whilst with the family members, finding every single opportunity to spend time with each other, not being able to keep away from each other - literally, and getting endlessly teased by their family members.

The reception had been done and dusted and exhausted every single person. Their parents had gone totally overboard, but that was fine. They were happy and that's all what mattered, especially after the very intimate marriage at the courthouse which as completely as per the couple's preference.

And while everyone was happy, there was yet another little boy who was teeming with excitement all the while. His bhaiyya, and bhabhi - as he had come to call her that, did not leave even a single opportunity of spoiling him rotten. And of course there were his uncle and aunty. All in all, the once withdrawn and rather isolated boy had come to like his new family very much and was growing increasingly comfortable. There would be occasions when he would crawl back into his shell, and only respond to Rajeev, but it had all been going well overall. All of them knew that his trust issues could not be healed just within some days, and which is why, they were all very patient when it came to him.

"You do realize that this question does not make sense now. We have already landed in Gwalior.", Radhika stated in an obvious tone.

"And Mr. Ranawat, I have a few scores to settle, so unless that's done, we aren't going back.", she declared assertively.

They had flown from Indore to Gwalior on Radhika's insistence. Apparently, she wanted to set a few things straight. What they were - she would not tell Rajeev, but he knew what she would be doing. After all, he knew his wife that much. And although he wasn't much enthusiastic about this entire scheme, he agreed - just for her.

"As you wish baby.", he declared.

"Raj, I....uh, maybe I wasn't thinking straight.", Radhika reached out for his hand as the cab driver drove through the streets.

"You obviously get very disturbed here in Gwalior, and just for my sake, I persuaded you into this, but I cannot see you troubled. Let's do one thing. Let's return. Just for the sake of setting some people straight, I cannot and would not compromise with your mental health. Good God! What was I even thinking? I should not have done this. I am sorry Raj. So sorry.", she rambled nervously. And she meant it. She just wanted to see her Raj happy and now she was really wary of her own actions and the effect they would have on her husband.

"Shhh", Rajeev caressed her hand.

"Breathe Radha. Its okay.", he tried to pacify her in a soothing tone.

"I am completely fine. See.", he made her look at himself.

"Do I seem disturbed to you?"

She shook her head in negation.

"But"

"No buts Radha. I know you care for me, and love me a lot. And if this is what you feel needs to be done. Then this is what we do. And as it is, I am extremely tired of bearing that burden of my past all this time. Its high time we let it go by confronting it."

"Pakka?" (Are you sure)

"Pakka." (Yes, sure)

She took his hand in hers and squeezed it gently as they stood near the threshold of their bungalow, which used to be his home in Gwalior. Rajeev let out a huge sigh and glanced towards her. She had an assuring smile on her face and he felt a bit at ease seeing it.