CHAPTER 18

"I'll find you again.

Even if it takes a hundred years or more.

There is only you and I in this world.

There is no me without you."

~ Bloom

Darien's POV

The warm sunlight greeted me as I stepped out of the car. We had finally reached the docks of the Mexican port where the ship was allegedly unloaded with the girls in it. "Are you sure this is the location of his hideout?", I asked Will.

"Theo?" Will glanced at him for confirmation.

"Yes. Last I checked, he lives on that boat." Theo affirmed, gesturing towards a small vessel docked on the right side. 

It was my fault that it took us two days to get us here. The rain washed away all traces of car tracks, footprints, and anything that may have been useful in tracking them down. We scoured tirelessly for security footage or any clue that might lead us closer to them. They had navigated the roads unseen, slipping through any cracks of surveillance. I was wrecked and fearful that Luna might be in trouble. My innocent little one thrust into the unknown must be so scared. Fear gripped the back of my neck as I proceeded towards the vessel. 

"Let's move!"

"Boo-yah! Let's go kick some ass." Will chimed in. 

Inhaling deeply, I suppressed the urge to lash out, instead focusing my attention on the boat before us.

Stepping onto the small vessel, my gaze landed on the slumbering figure beneath the modest shelter. A man, oblivious to our presence, slept soundly, shielded by a newspaper atop his head.

Theo wasted no time, seizing the man with a firm grip and propelling him forcefully onto a nearby bench. Startled awake, the man's eyes darted around in confusion before widening in terror as he recognized us.

A dark chuckle escaped my lips. "Recognize me?"

His throat tightened visibly as fear gripped him. He attempted to wriggle free from Theo's grasp, only to be firmly restrained. "Stay put," Theo commanded, his tone leaving no room for arguments.

The man sank into the chair, his eyes darting around desperately for any help that simply wasn't there. All the fishermen had left for the day for work, leaving him alone on his vessel, vulnerable in his slumber. He was the only one there on his ship, asleep. The audacity of his nerve to rest peacefully after snatching my Luna ignited a simmering rage within me, my patience now a small strand of thread that could break any given moment.

Dragging a small table closer, I positioned myself opposite him, my imposing presence and intimidating nature casting a shadow over his trembling form.

"Now, listen carefully," I murmured, drawing my gun from its holster, and leveling it at his head. "You speak when spoken to, understand?", I spoke quietly but in a deadly way. 

Noticing my murderous intent, he nodded his head frantically. It seemed like his head might detach from his body at any moment. "Good.", I replied icily.

"I don't know where your little girlfriend is, I swear." He whimpered like a prey in its predator's grip.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." Will interjected in, "Wrong answer." 

Theo's fist connected with the man's face, blood spilling from his lips as his head recoiled.

I adjusted his gaze with the barrel of my gun. "John," I began, my tone chillingly calm, "I'll ask this once."