38. A Different Side

"Will you freaking tell me what the hell is going on?!" Seokjin decides to lose his cool at the most unexpected moment.

His face is wrought with worry, and his eyes show anger.

"What the fuck do you mean you can't trust us?! After all we've done for you, THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY US?!"

Yoongi gets afraid for the first time. Hoseok tries to calm Seokjin down, but it's not helping. He walks over to Yoongi and shouts again.

"I don't care what shit you've landed in. BUT I WONT LET IT RUIN MY FAMILY!! I. DONT. FUCKING. CARE. YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

These words cut Yoongi's heart deeper than he thought they would. He looks down at the floor with guilt and regret, but...he won't say anything. He knows it's for the best.

He knows Seokjin's anger is genuine. He got no right to split up his family like that.

He looks up at Seokjin who's now being physically restrained by Hoseok, and says, "I'm sorry hyung. I did not mean to cause all this."

The sadness in his eyes that Seokjin saw for the first time now made him regret his words. But he stood firm.

"Listen, hyung... I just... I just want you to support me. Because of I leave you alone, and those guys come after me...you'll be the first one in danger. They'll take you hostage and..."

He breaks down into tears and clutches his head with his hands, as he runs his fingers through his black hair.

Seokjin looks at him with a sad look in his eyes. It's like he's watching a dark storm break down in front of him. It hurts him to see him like this...to see his little brother like this...

He walks over to him, and sits down beside him on the couch, and wraps an arm around his shoulders. All three, Namjoon, Victor and Hoseok just watch them quietly.

"Yoongi... I...I'm sorry if I pushed you too far... I didn't mean it, and you know that. I'm just worried about..all of them. I'm worried about you. You're a kid. And you're my kid, because you're hoseok's boyfriend.

I know I'm not good with words, but...I don't want to see you get in trouble that would harm you or my family. They mean the world to me."

He finishes, and uses his other arm to pull Yoongi into a hug. It's unexpected and everyone looks at the two in awe.

Yoongi let's some more tears escape his eyes, but doesn't return the hug. However, Seokjin doesn't let him go, as he runs his back gently, to calm Yoongi down.

A few seconds pass and they finally pull away. Yoongi wipes away his tears and breathes deeply, before saying,

"I just...I've always been worried about making emotional connections since the day I lost my best friend. And... I'm scared of that still."

Seokjin looks at him and tries to comfort him saying, "Look, none of us are weak. We know how to fight now, thanks to you. If anything happens, you can just...I don't know ..hand us a gun or something, and we'll handle the rest."

Yoongi chuckles at this, and nods in agreement.

"That's true. You do know how to fight."

Before they can say anything more, Hoseok cuts in, "so... What now?? You got these two discharged from the hospital, and you said you can't trust anybody, because any of us could be a traitor. But...is there anyone you suspect?"

Yoongi shakes his head.

"No. Not yet. But...I do have a little doubt on those three guys who..you know got attacked? One of whom was after Victor? The younger ones."

Hoseoks's eyes widen at this. Yoongi can't be talking about the maknaes... That's not possible.

"You mean the maknaes? The two boyfriends and one straight boy, jungkook? But ..they got attacked at the police station. Why do you think it could be them?"

"I dont know...I just have a suspicion because...if the bad guys knew the little ones were related to us, they wouldn't have been alive at this moment." 

"But...maybe it was just a lucky escape..?" , Hoseok too was starting to doubt the maknaes. 

"I dont think those kids could be of any harm. I mean, have you seen Jungkookie? He's the sweetest bean to ever exist, even though he can be a brat most of the time." Seokjin protested. 

"Hyung... I'll have to break your heart here, because he's the top suspect in my list. I mean... if he was there at the time of attack... How did he survive? Sure it could have been a lucky escape, but in the same attack Victor came to our doorstep half dead."  Yoongi replied, trying to reason with Seokjin.

"I dont care if you suspect him. I wont believe it until you prove it to me." Jin refused to listen to him. 

"Fine hyung, You win. I dont have any proof, but I'm not eliminating him from the list." Yoongi said again.

"Do whatever the fuck you want." Jin replied, but he wasn't angry or frustrated. He just gave up, as if he knew Yoongi wont back off anyway.

But now...there was a doubt creeping in everyone's minds. What if Yoongi was actually right?

The night Victor had escaped from the police station, Victor said he had broken free and rushed here as soon as he could, since he was already hit. But when they met the 3 boys next day, Jimin told them he had let Victor go to you. 

This had both Yoongi and Seokjin confused to the core of their brains. If Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung were together at the tome of attack...how did only Jungkook get injured while the other two were completely unharmed?

The two stories didn't quite add up.

And both of them knew that there's a third side to this tale.

'''''''(1036 words)'''''''''

Heyyyy lovely people!! 

Happy to say that i think I might as well continue this story for a little longer than giving it an abrupt ending.

I want to pull as many threads as are possible, to make every read of this story worth it.

also....what is up with the Maknaes?

anyways, as always, vote and comment if you like the story, anddddd alwaysss rememberrrr

I LOVEEE YOUUUUUU!!

BYEEEEEEEE

YOURS~

BooksXBangtan <3