23.A book and a story.

Yoongi woke up the next day with a terrible headache. His head felt like it was about to burst any moment.

He tried to get up, and soon as he did, he was pulled down right back. The nausea and the fight from the last night was showing up. He looked around and knew instantly that he was in Hoseok's room.

The bright colours of yellow, orange and blue radiated off the walls. The room had a very positive feeling to it, just like its owner. There were posters hung on each wall. And also some framed pictures. A string of Polaroids hung just behind the bed on the wall.

Yoongi was about to turn and look at the Polaroids more carefully when Hoseok entered. "Hey, you're awake. You sure you don't wanna sleep some more? It'll be good for your health."

Yoongi looked at Hoseok and he looked much better today. Yoongi was so happy inside that Hoseok did not have any fear from him or from that Instagram guy. Thinking about which, "hey what happened to that guy last night?" Yoongi asked.

"Oh...um, it's a long story. I think you should freshen up first and then we'll tell you everything at the dining table." Hoseok's smile turned into a frown as he was reminded of the horrid memories from the night.

It took Yoongi about 10 minutes to freshen up, although he did not want to bath, which ended up in a controversy between him and Hoseok because Hoseok was a patron of cleanliness, and Yoongi was a complete mess from fighting.

"Fine. I'll bath, but you owe me lunch today. I hate bathing in cold water." Hoseok laughed so hard at Yoongi's statement, Yoongi was afraid he might explode his lungs.

After a while when Yoongi came back into the room he could not find Hoseok. So he assumed he might be in the kitchen and went to look for him.

However a peculiar thing happened on his way to the kitchen was that while passing by Namjoon and Seokjin's room, he heard sobbing.

He stopped dead in his tracks. His introverted mind used to think in extremes, and so, a thousand thoughts ran through his head in a single second. "Knock." Yoongi jumped. It was Hoseok's voice who apparently had been observing Yoongi.

"Why?"

"Because wanna know what's wrong too."

Yoongi went up to the door and knocked lightly. "Jin hyung, it's...it's Yoongi."

"Come in." Jin's muffled reply came from inside.

Both Yoongi and Hoseok walked in the room to a very....well, a very unexpected and unexplainable, but unconditionally soft sight.

Namjoon was lying in Seokjin's arms, crying, nuzzled into his chest, hands crossed around Seokjin's waist. And Seokjin's arms around Namjoon, wrapping him in his embrace, caressing his back slowly.

"What happened hyung? The book again?" Hoseok asked in a flat tone as if it was pretty obvious.

"HOSEOK, get out." Jin replied, which obviously meant a yes.

"Wait, what's going on? What book? What is Namjoon crying?" Yoongi asked, utter confusion visible on his face. He looked behind to ask hobi for an explanation but he had already left.

He looked back at Jin who laughed lightly and motioned Yoongi to sit on his side of the bed in front.

"The books, mean a lot to Namjoon. As you can see around in our room, there are 3 bookshelves. Reading books has been Namjoon's hobby. He loves reading, and over time, he picks up different feelings for his characters. The characters in the books are his friends. He connects his soul with the books in such a way that if anyone disturbs him while reading, it can range on a scale of ANNOYED to FATAL."

Seokjin explained while Namjoon slowly looked up from Jin's arms, and said, "Jin, her mother died! And now she has to live in such awful places!!" His voice was so desperate as if he was talking about himself.

"I know honey, I know. Don't you worry, she'll be fine, I'm sure. Everything turns out better in the end..." Jin comforted him, while Namjoon buried his face into Jin again, sobbing even harder.

"So, what is he talking about hyung?" Yoongi asked.

"He's talking about that book over there. The one with a purplish cover." Yoongi went over and picked up the book Jin was pointing at.

"How to make friends with the dark?" Yoongi read the title aloud.

"Yes."

"Why would he read such a thing? Even it's title is terrifying."

"That's the thing. Uniquely titled books lure Namjoon in for a read and he can't stop once he's started. I read some pages, and apparently theres a girl in the story who shouts at her mother to leaver her alone, but by the time she gets home, she's taken to the hospital to confirm her mom's dead body."

Seokjin explained the details of the story to Yoongi as he slowly nodded.

"Can you get up Namjoon? Baby? Joonie get up now, come on. I'm sure she'll be fine"

Seokjin gets Namjoon to sit up and that is when Yoongi gets a full view of Namjoon's face. His eyes are puffy and red and there are bags under his eyes, and his face is completely wet from the tears.

"Hey, Namjoon. It's...it's ok. I'm sure she will find comfort somehow. Don- don't worry." Yoongi tried comforting him.

"Come on namjoonah, get up. I need to make breakfast with hobi. Gather yourself hon."

Namjoon finally gets out of bed and goes straight for the washroom while Jin moves to the kitchen and Yoongi stays there.

When Namjoon comes back both of them head to the dining table on Seokjin's call.

"So. You gonna tell me what happened last night after I blacked out?" Yoongi asked everyone while making himself comfortable in the chair.

"Well, all I can say is that the last helped us. She was there when you fought that guy." Seokjin explained.

"Yeah, and she was apparently a victim of that man. He had been threatening her with some pics for quite a long time, so apparently we killed two birds with one stone." Namjoon continued.

"And well, she also said she'll make sure we don't get involved with all that, and that she would complain about it to the police herself, and also take the blame for Yoongi in order to thank him for saving her." Hoseok finished.

"Wait, I was only protecting Hoseok. I thought she was some hoe-" Yoongi said but,

"LANGUAGE!" All three of the boys spoke in unison making Yoongi laugh.

"Jeez ok ok."

The four boys dug into their food contently, as everything felt normal for once.

Finally, Yoongi thought.

But trouble was only an inch away every time.

Oh gosh I'm tired.

I have no ideas to go on. *Sighs dramatically*

Don't forget to vote!

Love u.
BooksXBangtan 💜