The One That Got Away

*****

Good news, the personal issue that was plaguing both me and KyuPassionFruit is over! Thank god for that! These next few chapters are a little upsetting in my opinion, and I don't really want to write them, but Kyu is making me do it! What a big meany! I love you <3

*****

It was Friday, not just any Friday, but the Friday that Rosa would go hang out with Lee. I didn't want to worry about it, but that worry was always there. What if she realised she had deep feelings for him, me and Rosa would never work then. I had not long told a girl I loved her, and got a positive response, and less than two weeks later I could lose her. Love sucks.

Over the past week, me and Rosa talked positive of our trip, and how we could be together some day, although the age difference was a bit of a problem, I figured it wouldn't matter as much as people made out it would. But today she went to meet Lee.

I had no contact with her during the whole day, not in the morning or while she was out. I expected the worst, what if Lee had kissed her more passionately than I had? What if he said he loved her? So many questions, as per usual. But I had to stop thinking about it.

It plagued my mind for the entirety of the day, and night. It took me a while to get to sleep, constantly wondering if she decided to sleep at Lee's house, and if they were kissing or making out there. But as soon as I got to sleep, it was time to wake up, Saturday had arrived.

It was 11:30am when I decided to roll out of bed and turn on the PC. I was glad to see Rosa online, that must be a bonus right? I started up a conversation with her.

*Hey, Rosa.

*Oh hey. How are you?

*Fine thanks, you?

This was no different to how our conversations usually started, until she replied with;

*A little confused.

What could've confused her? Was she interested in Lee and confused about whether to date him or me? I sure hope it wasn't that.

*Why's that?

*Well... Lee told me he loves me last night. And now he's using 'x's and wants to meet up again later.

Fuck, that was it, he "loved" her. There goes my chances. He lived local, she had a crush on him for six years AND he loved her? How could I ever compare to that.

*So he likes you. I don't blame him.

*Yeah but he never did before. And I gave up on him just about a year ago. Talk about a little too late? Why couldn't he have said that in the six years that I did like him?

The hardest thing to do right now, was suppress what I wanted to say, and say what was best for Rosa. I wanted to tell her "Tell him to leave you alone, you got over him, he missed his chance, I love you too y'know", but that would've been mean of me.

*Maybe he didn't see it then but he does now?

*Maybe... But it's like... I don't know. I've always wanted a chance with him but now he's giving me the chance, it's too late.

Phew, she realise it was too late because she liked me, things were shining in my favour. I decided to test Rosa, to see if it was because of that or something else.

*Well... Try it... You never know, right?

I hope this works.

*But... What about you? I can't just abandon you! You may be too old for me - but that shouldn't affect it!

Yes! She was in love with me, this was great news, one more test though, just to double check, her response to this could make or break our relationship.

*You can. It wouldn't work with us because of the age difference. You should go meet up with lee and give him and yourself the chance to see if it would work.

The response I was looking for here was "No, Michael, I love you, I want to be with you", but to my surprise, that wasn't it.

*And if it doesn't, I abandoned you for nothing.

This was the hardest thing I had ever done, try and keep Rosa happy, by telling her to be with someone else.

*No, if it doesn't, you tried.

*I guess you're right... Are you sure you're okay with this?

My head screamed out "No, of course I'm not okay with this! I fucking love you Rosa Daniels!", but i couldn't bring myself to say it, so I surrendered, I let Lee win.

*Of course I'm sure.

The biggest lie I had ever told Rosa, right there, and she never knew it was a lie.

Later that day, she went out to see Lee, and I'm guessing it went well, because her facebook relationship status changed from "Single" to "In a relationship with Lee Gibson". I bet they had kissed, maybe even had a full make-out session, more than likely causing her to forget I even existed. That was it, I had lost, I had lost Rosa....