Chapter 8

She rolled her eyes but couldn't help but chuckle a little,I felt my cheeks get hot in embarrassment I couldn't drive.

"I'll drive" she got out  before I could protest,I huffed annoyed yet embarrassed,it was my job I mean I was not he guy...we switched seats and I got in the passenger seat,I guess she sensed my attitude and I felt a warm hand grab my cold ones gently.

I looked over and her hazel eyes were staring back at me,she smirked a little "it's okay that you don't know how to drive" she tugged my cheek gently causing me to crack a shy smile and I sighed looking away.

She started the engine and she began driving,I stared out the window before I began to speak "I'm sorry about  what  happened at that store i-" she cut me off,i heard her sigh.

"hun its fine really...it happens no?" she cracked a small smile but it said something more,after today what had happened i could't help but want to protect her more.

I had to

we stopped in front of her house,we sat in silence for a few seconds before she spoke up once again, "who was that man?" I knew she was talking about Joe,John...whatever the hell he went by.

I shrugged "just some guy my dad knows" I mean I wasn't really lying was I? I mean he didn't know know my dad but he knew of him? Nothin wrong with a little lie.

She only nodded,I felt like she could tell some part of me was holding back more,and hell I was. She let out a small chuckle "sure you can make it home?" I looked at her and I rolled my eyes but smirked a little and shrugged "I'll manage...you get in the house junebug I'll see you tomorrow" she leaned over and kissed my cheek before she got out.

I got out and I saw her parents in view opening the door and I gave them a small wave before I got in the car,I huffed. "Alrighty..." he started the car and drove slowly,he was scared shitless he didn't want to crash this man's car,he was as broke as it is.

Carefully he drove back to the neighborhood,he pulled into the garage luckily not crashing nor dying,he shook his head and got out of the car. It was a crazy damn day,he walked back into the building seeing John not  anywhere in sight,he went to sit the keys down where he was before he heard someone yell something.

"Hey kid" he turned seeing 3 guys at a table,blunts,cigars and cigarettes on the table,looking old and new. He was hesistent but he made his way over and the man spoke up,he took a drag from his cigar.

"The boss said you could use a bit of cash no?" My brow perked up,I did work a lousy store job,it wasn't much but it was something...but deep down I knew  somehow I could be making more. I shrugged a little "maybe" the man smirked and he pulled a piece of paper from his pocket handing it to me,I read the paper.

"the boss wants you to pick up something for him,the shop is 2 blocks over they know someone's on their way,when you get it don't do anything else come straight back here,you got me?" His tone was stern yet serious,his thick Italian accent seeping through every word,I nodded.

The hell was I getting myself into now.

Ahhh I hate I made this chapter kinda short,I have so many ideas at once I'm trying to lay them all out at the same time,but not make the story too fast or too slow.