Chapter 2

It was the next day and I was up early,I took took the bus to school since it was pretty far and my parents didn't have a car,my mother worked at a small clinic where she was a nurse,my father was a mechanic,he gambled a lot so sometimes he rarely had money.

I got up and put on my black pistol leg slacks and my white button up shirt,tucking it into my pants,the uniform required these things. I had to wear a red shirt or sweater provided by the school,I wore a red sweater,the logo was of a brown pit bull which spelled the schools name across it,I grabbed my black dress shoes,only pair of good shoes I had actually and I slid those on.

Once I finished I went to the bathroom and I tried to turn on the water,I sighed in annoyance. "Great..." I mumbled,the water was off...again. I just fixed my dark brown hair and I walked out seeing my mother on the couch smoking a cancer stick.

Her morning ritual

My father I guessed was gone, "ma l'acqua è di nuovo chiusa" I said as I went to the kitchen,she looked up from the small living room,barely can call it that. "Really?" She scoffed and sighed taking a drag of her cigarette "I'm going to be picking up some more hours this week,so I'll barely be home" she said and I only nodded. Call me ungrateful but I love when my parents aren't here,I don't get to hear them nag about every little thing...or argue.

I grabbed an apple,regardless at that age I still had love for my parents,I walked to my mother and kissed her cheek "ti amo, ci vediamo dopo" before she could say anything I was out the door,I stood outside of my apartment as I waited,I was the only kid who had to get picked up from a block like this. All the other kids lived  in nice houses or apartments luxury apartments,I used to be embarrassed but I just started not giving a fuck...what else could I do?

Once the long yellow bus pulled up the driver opened it,the same old man who had been driving since I first got here,I greeted him everyday with a small smile he did the same,I walked on to the bus seeing it full of kids in their outfits,somehow even though we wore uniform everyone else just looked flashy...boys with their shiny watches,girls with their hair styled,or even a bit of makeup to make themselves look good.

Nobody paid me attention as usual,I went to the back of the bus and slung down my plain black bag,as the bus drove I stared out the window.

Around 30 minutes later the bus made it to the school,the school was private. Had a big gate and everything,grassy fields fresh cut grass could be smelled through the windows. The school was huge

I still didn't know how my father got me here,it also had its own community of kids who lived inside the gated community along with the school

the bus stopped in front of the school and everyone got off,I was the last one to get off as always,I never liked being first...I never liked being seen.

Hundreds of students walking in and out of the school,I kept my head down before I felt my book bag get pulled and I fell to the ground backwards I groaned "what the hell..." I mumbled looking up seeing the usual kids who bullied me.

Tom,Sam,and Lewis and their little slutty girlfriends,passed around more than a ball around a baseball game. I scoffed standing "I still don't understand how someone like you even afforded to come here.." he said causing his little group to laugh,I noticed the stares and gossip from others around me,I paid them no mind.

"Same as you asshole...money" I pushed passed him,he scoffed and walked behind me and he punched the back of my head causing me to fall,he was on top of me hitting me,next thing I knew I felt which felt like hundreds but feet kicking me all over,I covered my head at least not wanting to let my temple get touched.

A whistle blew and kids  began to scatter like flies,slowly I lifted up,I didn't even notice someone took off my bag and all my things were just...everywhere.

I didn't even know what to say,a man the usual security guard saw me,he sighed and shook his head. My lip was busted,side of my eye was bleeding and my cheek bruised. My tan skin not doing anything to hide it.

"Cmon kid let's get you to the nurse" this always happened and he always swooped in to help...it was last minute but at least someone cared at the time,kinda?

Once we made it to the nursery he left and went back to his post,the nurse patched me up and gave me an ice pack to hold to my cheek,I felt too embarrassed to go to class but I needed too,or else my father he'd do much much worse.

I got up and left with no notice,taking the ice pack with me as I kept my head down,I went to my first class which was just some workshop class which had all boys,I sat down in my usual seat in the back. It's not that the class was restricted to girls,just they weren't interested in building I guess.

The class began to fill in with guys,some coming from gym or just different classes,they all had friends,some one to talk to...I didn't. Even though I've been here for months,class had began and the teacher walked in,he was a slightly tall Mexican man,he was good at building,his English was perfect.

He also walked in with someone else...a girl,not just any girl but...a black girl.

Now I said black people  went to the school also but...they weren't black girls. I stared at her as she walked in,she had on the girls uniform which included a knee length black shirt and  white button up I could tell along with a red sweater with the school logo.

She had dark skin,long hair which she had in a ponytail down her back,she left out two strands in the front and wore a black headband,she had the prettiest hazel eyes I had ever seen on a girl...she had a pretty face,I had never seen anything like her before.

I noticed her stare back at me and quickly my eyes retracted down at my workshop desk,I almost forgot my face looked and felt like shit,a busted lip and a black eye.

"Everyone id  like to introduce a new candidate to our team, delilah brown" he said her name and a few of the boys eyed her. "She will be our first girl in years in this workshop classroom,please treat her with the respect we treat each other" a few boys whispered to each other here and there.

"You can sit anywhere you want delilah" she gave him a slight nod,there were a few seats available including one next to me in the back,next thing I knew her Mary Jane's clacked against the ground heading in the direction I didn't think she would..mine.

She sat down next to me sitting her bag to the ground,she stared forward and I stared at her,she truly was a beauty,I didn't want to seem weird.

"Take a picture it'll last longer" she said and my heart almost fell to my ass when she spoke,her voice was low yet so light,I cracked a small smile and I looked away "sorry..." was all I managed to say,I felt her eyes on me and I looked back over at her.

"What's your name?"

Took those 3 words and I was head over heels