Chapter 3

Around a year had passed and me and delilah had became real good friends,only one problem...that moment I was in love with her. Especially after learning so much about her,she has lived in America all her life,her mother worked as a maid,her father a writer. She stayed in a nice neighborhood which was filled with mostly black people due to racism and shit like that.

Right now me and her were walking from the diner around the corner from her house,she giggled as she slipped a piece of chocolate into her mouth. "God has to forgive me,but whoever cut his hair is goin to hell" she had a slight country accent too,it made her even cuter than she was.

Today she wore her long hair down in a more puffy state I couldn't explain,her hair was different than mine I noticed she always had it in a different style,some days she wore it straight but lately she's been wearing it in its natural curl pattern which she explain to me a few months back when I went with her to her hair done.

Thing is she didn't want me to at first,I mean a white Italian boy in a salon full of black women? That didn't seem right,well not right but the thought made me nervous too.

~a few months ago~

We both walked in and it's like the room went dead silent,you could hear a pen drop,I had never seen so many dark women before,hair in different styles differing form one another,one wore her hair it was so big it touched the sky,it looked soft like a pillow. One had her hair straightened but you could tell she used curlers,it was just a lot to take in.

"And who is this white boy you've brought up in my shop?" One woman said,she had a lighter skin tone with her hair huge,delilah explained it's called an Afro. she wore a black dress with white buttons and a pair of black flat heels,she stared at me and delilah , delilah  went to talk for me but I spoke up.

"M-my name is Enzo ma'am,a friend of Delilah's " I put out my hand for her to shake,she stared at me up and down before a small smile appeared on my face,she shook my hand. "Mm...didn't know you were into the White boys delilah " the woman said in a teasing tone causing me to blush. Delilah  hushed "Janet it isn't like that...and he isn't just white he's Italian" she said setting her self in the black chair.

The woman stared before another one spoke up "Italian huh? Italy?" The other woman asked,she looked a bit older,I nodded. "Yes ma'am". She hummed in response.

They went back to talking and gossiping,I just stared around,the floorboards checkered black and white. It felt weird to say but it felt so...homely in here,the walls were pink and white and pictures hung of women like them with all different styles.

Delilah was getting her hair washed and trimmed and blown out she said...took her about an hour to explain to me what a blow out was,turns out it was different from straightening.

~now~

I was walking her back home,we walked in a quiet silence,I had liked her for months to a year now. She was so beautiful just fucking perfect,I needed her...she was the only Person that made me feel understood,made me happy.

I was 16 now,family life not getting any better,parents barely home more than ever now so I felt more lonely than ever. Before I knew it we were at her doorstep,we both breathed in and out at the same time which caused us to chuckle for some odd reason. "Well...I'll see you next week at school" I smiled a little "y-yea..." I went to walk away but she pulled me by my sleeve "wh-" before I could finish I felt her lips press against my cheek,it was like my brain broke at that moment.

She had me wrapped around her finger,she smiled shyly. "See you" she walked in her house she shut the door yet I was still standing there like an idiot,I walked way quickly my mind spiraling in happiness.

"She fucking kissed me..." I mumbled as I couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

She really kissed me.