Deciding is hard | Gem & Katherine

CG: Gem
Little: Katherine
Prompt: Katherine gets overwhelmed at the festival and about her base, goes to Dawn to get comfort.

As much as the Rift Festival was exciting, it also brought Princess Katherine to being overwhelemed. The songs were, questionnably, good, the bard definitely wasn't a professional singer, all emprors could agree. Then the games, all very much rigged but didn't take the fun out of playing. Last but not least, the Princess had recieved confessions of love. You saw right, confessions. Multiple. Two to be exact. One from her friend Pirate Joe, who undoubtedly was obsessed with her, from Eversea and One from her witchy friend Shubble.

She loves them both. They were both her friends. How- How could she even decide? Did she want to decide? Who was she kidding! she has to! they're waiting for her answer. Those questions were spinning in her head as she flew back to her castle. Honestly, it didn't help. The colorless part of the castle was something else to figure out. Instead of landing at her base she went to Dawn. After all, a princess would help another princess in distress.

As Katherine landed at Dawn, infront of the church, she cried. Her emotions were too much. Her mind was slipping in a headspace she was avoiding. She cried for what felt like forever.

'Forever' was eventually interupted by a hand rubbing circles on her back . Katherine didn't bother to look who it was so she was really hoping it was Gem and not someone Evil like Xornoth. "What's wrong Katherine?" Gem whispered not to startle the crying princess. Katherine tried explaining but all she said came out in random uncomprhensible babbles and whines - which upset her even more - Gem interrupted her "It's alright, you don't have to talk, I'll stay with you as long as you want" She offered her hand to Katherine which she took and leaned on Gem.

"How about we go in my castle?" Katherine nodded and they walked slowly towards Dawn's castle. As they walked, Katherine pointed out to bees and 'butter-fies' and loads of flowers. It wasn't the first time Katherine had regress around Gem, but definitely the first time since the rift had open.

Once they were in the playroom -Gem kept one for herself incase she needed to regress- Katherine felt calmer to explain the situation. "Shelby an (Pirate) Joe both tell me dey love me but i don wanna pick cuz dey both my friend an- an why dis no freak you outs?" Katherine explained and asked frantically doing overexageratted movments with her arms. Gem thought she knew what littlespace was since it happened in the previous season but she remembered that she's the only one roleplaying. Gem sat down crisscross applesauce and sat Katherine between her legs. "Well, how you're feeling is little right? and well it's a coping mechanism that our brain regressed to a younger mindset than usual, I am little sometimes, it's safe. I bet you're feeling quite small huh? " Gem explained calmly. Katherine nodded. "And Shelby and Pirate Joe won't mind that you don't choose if you tell them what you told me" Gem reassured the little princess. Silence. She took that as the little one understanding. They sat in silence together as Gem slowly rocked side to side while cuddling Katherine.