Part 1

I watch as my maths teacher explains something about pi. I look outside the classroom's window. When I look back, I also have a look at the other side of the classroom. There he sits, with his back against the wall, staring at the outside world. I stare at him, for a few seconds, but then he notices. I try to look away as fast as I can because he can not catch me staring. "Eliza? Do you understand?", I look at the teacher. "Yes, I understand", I reply, but I am lying. "Okay, class start on the exercises, please!", I open my book. "Which exercises?", I ask my neighbour. "I don't know!". I sit still and just stare. I start to think about things, about our future... What if we will marry? Buy a house? "Eliza? Hello?", is Otto really asking me something? "Eliza!", I get out of my thoughts. The maths teacher is in front of me, trying to get me out of my thoughts. "Can you do the exercises?", he says. Then I ask which exercises, because I clearly don't know, and my neighbour doesn't either. He points them out to me, and I get to work. After the lesson, we have a break. "Wow, you are like deep in your thoughts... Who are you thinking about?", Ivy, my best friend asks. "No one. Just overthinking", I say, absolutely lying. "Okay... I will figure it out!", when I look at the bench we are sitting on, there is only one spot left. "Go sit! I will stand", Ivy offers. I don't want to argue with her, so I just sit down. "Ivy, do you want to sit?", Naomi, another girl from our friend group asks. "No, I'm fine! You sit", Ivy and Naomi argue a bit about the spot. I don't really care, I only care about you, Otto. I try to look and find you somewhere in the crowd. Sadly, my mission failed. But, then you walk there, with your friends. You look amazing, I mean you always do, but you know what I mean. "So, what do you think, Eliza?", Naomi asks. "Sorry, what?", I reply. "Ivy should ask her crush out!", Naomi says, I just laugh and nod. Ivy's crush, Hunter, is definitely a red flag. He looks just like a playboy, but I got to admit, his hair... Not that I like him! I am still totally in love with you, Otto. But Hunter's hair is just so... perfect. Besides that, he is so not it. I mean, you cannot just fall for his personality, because that sucks. "Please, go ask him out!", I almost beg Ivy. "No! What if he is in a relationship? Or that he likes someone else?", Ivy says, worried. I would strangle her, right now. Just ask him, see what happens. "What about you, Eliza? Any person you would want to ask out?", Lena asks, side-eyeing me. "Nope, I am not simping like Ivy!", I try to laugh it off. Of course, I am. I am hardly falling for you...