1.

Look I didn't lose my boyfriend...he just happened to disappear. 

But I think it would be better if I started from the beginning...

My name is Eliana Corbyn. I'm seventeen years old, and a hero of Olympus. Last summer I helped defeat Gaea and fought against the giants. I am dating the current praetor of the twelfth legion, Jasper Herman. 

My brother Will, had finally started dating Nico di Angelo. Which was honestly a highlight of the year for me. But that seemed like one of the only good things that has happened since last summer. 

Because my father, Apollo, according to Zeus he had to be punished for disobeying him. I still held a grudge against the king of the gods for casting my father out of Olympus to be a mortal. 

But long story short, my father had to go on this giant quest to regain his godhood. There was a battle between Roman emperors, and demigods died. A lot of Roman demigods had died that Jasper knew but the one everyone knew was Jason Grace. 

He died saving Piper and Apollo's life. It had happened just as I had seen in my vision a year ago. I tried my best to change his fate but I've learned by now deaths can rarely be prevented. After his death, Apollo fought with Python and defeated him once again. The power of prophecy was restored and my visions returned.

I had honestly forgotten what it felt like to have a vision because it had been nearly a year since they'd stopped but I was glad for power returning. 

Most of my visions had been boring after Apollo returned to Olympus. Stuff like: who'd win capture the flag, where the Stoll brothers planned to poor paint on me, when Clarisse would challenge me to a sword fight. 

I had thought for once I might have a normal year. I'd joined the volleyball team at my new school and with my gift of proficient aim I never missed a ball. I somehow managed to get all A's in school (with little to no cheating this time). I even lined up a high school to go near the University of Long Island so I could be near Jasper and Camp. 

I had spent most of my school year catching up with my dad and telling him different stories about my summer on the Argo II. Jasper had come for Christmas and it had been a white Christmas. Jasper had lived in Berkeley California in New Rome nearly his whole life so he'd never really experienced snow. So it was really special to take him sledding and teach him to build a proper snowman.

I had arrived at Camp Half-Blood at the start of the summer term. I was already one week in and I thought: Hey! No prophecy, no big quest! This summer will be totally normal!

I should've immediately been suspicious when Rachel didn't spew green smoke the first night. 

After I led the camp in a sing along at the campfire. I rushed back to my camp to Iris message Jasper. I had tried to message him yesterday but he hadn't answered. I just assumed he was probably really busy as praetor since it was the start of summer. But he didn't answer tonight either, which I found odd. He normally also answered, and last time we talked he had told me when he was free to talk to me so we could talk about the start of summer. 

I hadn't seen him physically since spring and I really missed him. I was hoping that at some point during the summer I could go visit him but now I was getting worried about him. I took a deep breath and told myself I was over reacting. He was probably just busy with leading the legion. I'll message him again tomorrow morning. 

When I went to sleep that night I had a vision. 

I was in a dark room. The walls were limestone and they reminded me of the necropolis in Rome. I shuddered at the thought of that place. There was absolutely no light in here, except for the flames of two torches on the wall. This place made me feel very uncomfortable. I hated being out of the sun and this place reeked of death and darkness.