1

School.

The worst place on earth. (Which was saying something because there are plenty of bad places)

It was currently late November. The first day of thanksgiving break, thank the gods. I had promised myself that I would make it at least one semester at school before deciding whether to head back to Camp Half-Blood. And I had desperately been trying to do well in school. But my grades had dropped. I no longer was an A student, I now averaged at a C. 

This was for multiple reasons. For starters I was really lonely at school. My only friend had been my Satyr guide Cyprian. I had known him since I was twelve, and when he died in the Titan War last summer I didn't know how to make new friends. Especially when there wasn't anyone around me who understood why I was so sad all the time. 

The second reason was because my dreams had changed. Normally I would have dreams of future assignments or tests graded and be able to cheat for answers but lately my dreams have become more complicated and dark. My father Apollo warned me that I would see visions of the Great Prophecy but I was hoping he was wrong. 

My third reason (which wasn't really a reason) was that I didn't like school. I didn't see the point in half the things I was learning. I also could barely manage to sit still in class with my ADHD and I always struggled to read textbooks with my dyslexia. Curse my brain for being wired for ancient Greek! 

I informed my principal before the break that I wouldn't be returning. He was nice enough to let me take my finals early to at least get credit for one semester of sophomore year. I was even blessed with a dream of the answers the night before. I was never good at school and I was glad that my dad understood my struggles and was supportive of me spending the rest of the year at Camp. 

When I got home after school that day I immediately began to pack. I hadn't felt this excited since before the Titan War. I couldn't wait to see my half-siblings again. I had missed Will, as well as Austin's random saxophone solos and Kayla always asking to borrow my bow. I even missed Jerry and how he complained that we Americans are so loud. Well at least me, Austin and Will. Kayla was Canadian. 

I was also excited to see if there were any new campers in Cabin 7. After the war Percy had made the gods promise to claim their children. When I came to camp half-blood there were only about fifty campers due to the war but a few weeks ago I had gotten an Iris message from Will saying that there was now double the campers from when I left. I was glad that demigods in hiding were finally coming out and that children of minor gods could finally find a home. 

My dad and I took a flight to New York the next day. We spent the week together traveling around and sight seeing. I had passed my driving test so I was able to drive us both around the city. Which ended up with us sitting in a bunch of traffic. I wasn't going to see my dad for a while and I felt bad about leaving him again, especially because Mom was gone and he would be alone. But he assured me he would be fine.

He said he was going to look for some houses in New York so he could be closer to me. I was extremely grateful that he stayed to raise me when my mom died. For my sixteenth he had surprised me with a document that said he was legally adopting me. He was no longer my step-father he was now legally my dad.  

After a week of spending time together it was time to say goodbye. I drove us to Half-Blood hill. I hugged him goodbye. 

"I'll come visit after the new year. I promise." I said. 

"Be careful." He said, kissing my forehead. "I know you have those special healing abilities of yours but I want you to be safe this year, okay?" 

I nodded sincerely.