three

"It should be me obviously!" Octavian said. I rolled my eyes of course he would volunteer himself. "Child of truth obviously is referring to Apollo and as-" 

"Then we should get a child of Apollo." Percy interrupted. 

"How about Eliana." Annabeth suggested. 

Absolutely not. There was no way I was going on a super dangerous quest to save the world. I planned to get back on the Argo II and go back to camp, and lead the sing along with Will. 

Octavian cleared his throat. "As a legacy of Apollo and Augur I am most suited .

As much as I didn't want to join them on this quest there was no way I was letting Octavian go over me. 

"Fine, I'll go." I said, sounding not too excited. "but who's the son of war?" 

"Has to be a son of Ares or Mars." Annabeth said. 

"Jasper will go. He's the strongest Centurion we have and the son of Mars. I have faith that he can accomplish the task." Reyna said. 

Jasper and I looked at each other in disgust at the same time before bursting out in argument. 

"I'm not working with him!" "I'm not working with her!" We both said at the same time. We both stood up and glared at each other as we had said the same thing. 

"I'm not working with her! She insulted me and called me a child of love!" He shouted pointing at me. 

"I'm not saving the world with him either! He's annoying!" I said crossing my arms. 

"I'm annoying!" He exclaimed. "You're the one who claimed to see the future, I bet you're just like Octavian!" 

"How dare you say I'm like that teddy bear murderer!" 

"Hey! Leave me out of this! I'm the Augur of Camp show some respect-" 

"SHUT UP!" We both shouted at Octavian at the same time. 

I turned back and glared at Jasper. His light brown eyes narrowed and I could feel the rage build up inside me. I wanted to destroy him. 

"I refuse to work with someone like her!" Jasper snarled. 

"Someone like me! What's that supposed to mean!" I shouted. Jasper slammed his hands on the table I could see a small crack form from the force. 

"Someone whose only talent is singing and writing poems!" 

That got me mad. 

At this point we had begun to just hurl insults at each other. 

"Sunny ass." 

"Jerk face."

"Mrs.Poetry."

"School bully."

"Dumb blonde."

"Son of a planet." 

"OKAY!" Reyna shouted. We both shut up. "That is enough Jasper, quit influencing her emotions." Jasper muttered something and I suddenly felt less angered. "You both will cooperate and do your best on this quest." 

We both glared at each other and sat back down grumbling. 

"What?" Octavian shot to his feet. "We're just supposed to accept that? Without a vote in the senate? Without a proper debate? Without—"

"Percy!" Tyson the Cyclops bounded toward them with Mrs. O'Leary at his heels. On the hellhound's back sat the skinniest harpy I had ever seen—a sickly-looking girl with stringy red hair, a sackcloth dress, and red-feathered wings.