24

Nico's cheeks turned up as a smile appeared on his face. He had just heard of Will after he had been waiting for more than a week.

Did something happen recently in his life? Of course Will's comeback. That was the biggest event.
He was grateful because now he had an explanation, he was even more grateful because he could somehow help him now. At least, he could try.
Knowing what happened shaped his entire view. Deep down, he felt like it was a crime to be that glad for his friend's answer, considering the awful position he was in.

Will trusted him enough to tell him everything that went on his life. Even if they never met.

Nico had to admit this time, he held a special spot in his heart for that boy. He wasn't good at comforting people, he didn't know how to fully resolve Will's problem but still embraced it as if it was his.

He was looking in each corner of his mind, trying to find a way to help Will. Nothing relevant or helpful came out, so he impulsively started writing.

"Will, don't worry about me. You owe me no explanation. I'm pleased with whatever you tell me and whenever you do."

That was a lie, he knew he felt uneasy when Will disappeared. He thought the worst had happened to him or their friendship. He supposed Will didn't want to talk to him again. Now everything was different though. Nico's mind was travelling at light speed, feeling the knot in his stomach relinquishing him.