Chapter 18: The Return

Ryder slowly opened his eyes and woke up. He groaned a little as he felt a sharp pain coming from his back, due to the knockout earlier. Right after his vision had clearly adjusted, he looked around to his surroundings.

Ryder: *thought* Where am I...?

He found himself in a cage, like a prison itself with long metal grills on each side of the cage. Outside of the cage, was a familiar cave that they've entered numerous times during several missions that involved Mayor Humdinger. In short, he's trapped inside Mayor Humdinger's hideout.

Ryder then felt something that laid beside him. He looked over and saw Rocky and the rest of the pups who were still unconscious. He later woke all of them up.

Ryder: Pups, you good?

Rubble: *groans* Yeah, that's quite a headache...

Marshall: What happened...?

Zuma: *looks around* Wait, how did we end up in the Humdinger's lair?!

Rocky: *grunts* Beats me... and how did we get stuck in a cage?

Ryder: We're trapped here!!

"That's right, Paw Patrol."

They then heard a menacing laugh out of nowhere, as lights on top of the ceiling flashed out, revealing the faces of Mayor Humdinger along with his nephew, Harold. Both Humdingers stood right in front of them while looking at them in pure enjoyment. This made Ryder and the pups increased in anger.

Ryder: I knew it, it was you!!

Rocky: *growls* LET US OUT!!!

Marshall: WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?!

Harold: *smirks* Oh, the answer is clearly obvious. I'm sure you already know why we brought you all to our hideout.

Mayor Humdinger: *grins* But of course, you and your pups as our guests, we should serve you politely well. We wouldn't want you to leave this place as soon as possible, would we? That'll be just disappointing.

Rubble: Cut the crap and tell us why you want to capture us?!

Harold: *looks at Ryder* All this time, you and your precious pups had ruined and foiled my numerous plans and arrangements over and over again, and I'm tired of this. I'm sick of getting defeated by your hands every single time, because everything leads up to nothing for us but to your assured victory!!

Mayor Humdinger: But knowing that, everyone has a limit. You won't be getting all of the fame all by yourselves for long, Paw Patrol.

Ryder: We do all of this, it's because we're going to stop you again and again from your terrorism and your trouble making, so everyone can-

Harold: *soft laugh* And what happened after that? Look where we are now...?

Ryder: *growls in anger*

Mayor Humdinger: *snickers* With this helpless state you're in like right now, what makes you think you can change anything? You can't even lay a finger on us.

Rubble: *snarls* That's ENOUGH, MAYOR HUMDINGER!!

Rubble tried to break the bars of the cage with his super strength, but strangely it didn't even budge. Even worse, he didn't feel any powers activated from his paws.

Rubble: *confused* W-What?

Rocky: Let me try!

Rocky attempted to create an energy hammer from his powers, but nothing happened. He found out that there were no green glows appearing from his paws.