Chapter 6: New Discovery

Back in the city of Adventure Bay, evening has arrived, as the sun began setting down to the mountains. The birds from the skies were also flying back to their homes, and the clouds started to turn dark as well.

Meanwhile, Chase was seen sitting under a tree in the lookout while gazing upon the orange sky. The other pups were still playing around.

As Chase was enjoying the sundown, he suddenly saw Skye, who just got out from the lookout doors. He then saw her walking away, probably heading somewhere. The only problem about Chase was his eyes seemed to never let her go, it's almost like his vision being pulled over by her presence alone, for no reason. He focused on her for a while, until...

"Chase?"

Someone called him from behind, as he was then snapped back to reality. When he looked over to Skye's direction again, he then found out she had vanished from sight.

"Uhh...Chase?"

He didn't respond for a while, then realised the sound and quickly turned over. He saw Marshall, just behind him.

Chase: Marshall? Since when were you here?

Marshall: Uhh, Chase...I've been here for a while already.

Marshall then gave Chase a confused look.

Chase: Oh...sorry about that. I didn't notice you back there.

Marshall: It's fine...well, you took me a few seconds to respond my call. That's kinda not like you at all.

Chase then turned around and saw the rest of the pups had already gone into the lookout, which left him and Marshall alone. Then he knew for a fact that he was too focused on Skye to the point where he wasn't fully aware of his surroundings.

Marshall looked at Chase, as he found out that his usual cheerful expression had wore off, much more like he's traumatised, then began concerned about him. He sighed, then sat beside Chase.

Marshall: ...Something wrong?

Chase: Well...

Chase then looked at Skye's puphouse. He later let out a sigh, and glanced back at the sky.

Chase: ...Nothing.

Marshall: You sure? It doesn't seem like you're okay over nothing.

Chase: *sighs*

Marshall looked at Chase, then grinned at him.

Marshall: Let me guess...is it about Skye?

Chase's expression immediately turned shocked, and his eyes grew wide, as he quickly looked back at Marshall with a blush painted on his cheeks.

Chase: H-How did you- *shakes head* I mean...yeah. About her.

Marshall: I knew it. *smirks* Mind sharing?

Chase: ...That meteor explosion earlier. I'm just worried if she's okay about all of that. That definitely spooked her a lot and I bet she might be feeling down or something.

Marshall: I'm sure she's fine, and I think she'll likely get over it at some point. Just give her some time. After all, I don't blame her for what she did to the meteor earlier, it was just an accident.

Marshall: Plus...*smirks* You sounded worried about her.

Chase: *blushes redder* W-What? Me?...Worried?

Chase then let out a fake laugh.

Chase: Pfft, nah, I think you're probably mistaken. Besides, I'm only concerning about just her condition, nothing more. *fake chuckle*