Chapter 8: Perfection

The next morning...

As always, Chase gets to wake up first and went to the pups' houses to call each of them up for breakfast. He usually would call the boys up first before waking up Skye.

After getting each of them up, he finally went for Skye.

When he arrived in front of her puphouse, he found that her door was still shut, plus he heard snoring noises from behind it. He couldn't help but giggle a little.

Chase: *thought* She's really a heavy sleeper, I guess.

He then knocked on her door.

Chase: Rise and shine, Skye. Time for you to wake up.

The snoring then stopped, and the door opened. Chase saw Skye who just got out from her bed.

Skye: *yawns* ...Morning, Chase.

Chase: So how was your dream?

Skye: *giggles* I usually don't dream that much when I'm sleeping, but this time I do, and that dream was...*blushes* a little awkward.

Chase: ...Awkward?

Skye: ...Yeah. *looks aside*

Chase: *grins* Why don't you tell me about it? Maybe it could be something interesting?

Skye: *blushes madly* No...it's best not to tell. Ain't no way I'm gonna tell you about it. It makes me even more embarrassed.

Chase: *chuckles* Alright, alright. I won't force you to tell me about it.

Skye then looked up at the sky, which was crystal clear.

Skye: *smiles* Seems like a perfect time for training, then.

She then playfully created a water sphere on her paw and glanced at it for a while. Skye later tossed the water sphere up in the air a few times, finally disintegrating it into gas with her heat powers.

Chase: *giggles again* I know, I know...but shouldn't you be eating your breakfast first?

Skye: Speaking of breakfast, I'm kinda starving after all that sleep.

Chase: Welp, once we're done eating, we'll be out for your 'therapy'.

Skye: Where?

Chase: *grins* Jake's Mountain. It'll be a suitable training yard for you.

Skye: Okay. *confused*

Both of them then walked into the lookout for breakfast.

...

After munching their meal, the pups went out to play, while Chase and Skye were seen standing next to each other near the lookout entrance, preparing to set off.

Chase: Alright Skye, good to go?

Skye: Of course.

Chase: Okay, let's head there.

Chase then walked on the road, heading towards the bridge by paws. Skye was a little puzzled, like he normally would use his police cruiser in travelling through far distances.

Skye: Um, Chase?

Chase: *turns around* Yeah?

Skye then pointed at Chase's puphouse.

Skye: Aren't you gonna drive there?

Chase: *grins* Nope, we're gonna run.

Skye: *surprised* Wait...what?

Chase: Running will be faster of us, considering that we still have our superpowers on our side.

Chase raised up his paws, as they began glowing blue.