Chapter 15: Losing

As Chase, Marshall and Skye were heading towards the scene...

Skye suddenly remembered something important about what she should do before they depart from the Humdingers. She had a feeling that they might escape when they're not around.

Skye: Pups, wait!!

Marshall stopped his vehicle, as he and Chase looked at her who was flying beside them.

They then saw Skye turning her head behind as if she forgot something.

Chase: Something wrong, Skye?

Skye: *nods* I have a slight feeling that the Humdingers that I've defeated early on, might have escaped without us noticing. And I'm going back.

Marshall: Oh great...guess we should have apprehend them when we had the chance to do so.

Chase: Now that you've mentioned it, I don't think it's too late for you to stop them. Plus I think they're pretty much drained from the battle with you earlier. There's no way they'll recover that quick...so maybe, you can still get back there and finish what you started.

Skye: I know, but won't it be just the two of you pups left? You might become vulnerable to those enemies and I don't think I should leave like that. It's super dangerous.

Chase: Don't worry Skye, we'll hold ourselves as much as we can. We won't get defeated that easily, I promise that.

Marshall: We'll be safe.

Skye: Okay, right after I'm done, I'll come back to you pups in assist.

The pups nodded, as Skye then flew back from the previous destination where she fought earlier.

Chase: Alright, now without further ado, let's head over to there to see what's happening.

...

"You won't stand a chance against what I am now."

The Copycat, who easily triumphed over the previous battle against Ryder and the pups, looking at them who were all grunting on the ground. Some of the pups were also knocked unconscious.

Ryder: This isn't over...Copycat.

Ryder tried to stand back up again, but failed as he fell down once more, due to the pain and the exhaustion of his strength.

Rubble: There's no way we'll...lose to the likes...of you!!

The Copycat smirked, as he then slowly walked towards them who were still conscious.

Copycat: Just give up already. You know you can't defeat me no matter how hard you try.

Ryder: You-

The Copycat simply grabbed Rubble by the neck and stared at his collar. He then glanced a look and found a shiny purple crystal in it.

Rubble: *groan* W-What are you...

The Copycat grinned, as he was about to place a paw onto it...

"Let him go!!"

Suddenly, a huge, blue sonic wave came out of nowhere and was about to hit on The Copycat from behind.

The Copycat sensed it coming, and quickly turned over and negated the sonic wave by simply raising a paw without much effort.

He was slightly annoyed by this, as he then put down Rubble and turned over to that someone who was trying to attack from behind him.

Ahead of his vision, he saw two pups with each red and blue glowing paws, whom he recognised in an instant.