Chapter 14: The Copycat

"Long time no see, Paw Patrol."

Ryder and the remaining pups immediately turned around when they heard this message. Their expression changed, as if they seemed like they know who this familiar voice belonged to.

Rocky: *growls* ...It's you.

Zuma: At a time like this?!

Ryder: *silently mumbles* He finally showed up. It's certainly bad news for us now.

The figure slowly walked out of the smoke and revealed it's presence, which was known as...

Rubble: *mutters* Copycat.

Copycat: *grins* Heh. I'm glad that you didn't forget my name, after all. Well, other than not mentioning 'The'.

Rocky: *angry look* A simplification of your villain name anyways. It'll prove easier for us to call you.

Copycat: *rolls eyes* Either way...I'm not interested in calling names. I'm here for...business.

Ryder: *snarls* What do you want here, Copycat?

Zuma: Haven't you had enough of wreaking havoc all over the city?

Copycat: For starters, I'll definitely say 'I'm here to take what's mine. I'm going to rule the entire town once again and destroy you all entirely'.

The Copycat then stared at the pups for a while and noticed each one of their crystals on their collar.

Copycat: *smirks* ...But this time, my statement will be different. Because I discovered something that's far more valuable than just conquering your land and all. I realised...something powerful that's waiting for me to achieve, and something that I should have done a long time ago.

Rocky: *thought* What's he talking about? And what does that mean?

Copycat: Other than this, nothing else will be even more comparable. I sought for nothing else than just this.

Rubble: *growls* I don't know what you're rambling about...but if you're gonna try anything funny...

Ryder: You and your crew have made a huge mess in our city. And because of your actions, you'll now pay the price.

Zuma: And make it double!!

The pups instantly enabled their superpowers once more, and Ryder unsheathed his energy sword, preparing to fight against him.

But strangely, The Copycat wasn't fazed by their antics, as he showed no signs of activating his powers. He simply stared at them as if they're nothing compared to him.

Rocky: *thought* Strange. Why hasn't he switched on his powers yet at a critical time like this? Does he really think that he can beat us without even powering up...?

Copycat: Welp, persuading won't work. Seems like we'll have to do this the hard way to make you mutts understand better.

Rubble: *snarls* The only thing you'll get to understand is your unavoidable defeat!!

Ryder: Let's do this pups, for the sake of protecting this place!!

Ryder and the pups then rushed to The Copycat at the same time.

The Copycat simply smirked at them.

As soon as they clashed against each other, an explosion was let out.

...

Back to City Hall...

Marshall was busy searching for Chase around the ruined building of City Hall, hoping that he could trace and find some clues that were linked to his whereabouts.