Chapter 21: Overwhelmed

[Long awaited chapter!!]

In Foggy Bottom...

Harold flew up in the air with the jetpack on his back, then fired numerous laser blasts towards Chase and Everest with his arms.

Both pups glanced above, seeing as the blasts were about to hit on them.

Chase quickly dashed away and dodged them with his super speed, while Everest made an ice wall, blocking the blasts.

Mayor Humdinger then went towards Chase and tried knocking him down with his power fists, but was unable to do so as he was too fast for him.

The mayor lost focus for a second, which gave Chase a chance to strike his face with a speedy punch, followed with a sonic bark, sending him crashing onto a wall of rocks under a cliff.

Harold saw Chase in a distance and tried bombarding him with a series of rocket missiles, but Chase simply reflected all of them back to his direction with another sonic bark. Harold immediately got caught off guard as he got bombed by his own attacks.

Harold: *growls* This little-

Mayor Humdinger grunted in pain.

Before he could even move a muscle or even get the opportunity to say anything, Everest quickly froze him with her ice breath, trapping him on where he stood.

Harold: UNCLE MAYOR!!!

Harold got furious, and decided to attack Everest out of pure rage.

However, he was too focused on targeting Everest, that his unawareness of his surroundings gave Chase an opening to land a blow on him.

As soon as Harold got closer to Everest with his metallic arm ready to punch her, Chase effortlessly caught up to Harold with his super speed and yanked another punch on his face, sending him tumbling over the ground a great distance away.

Everest: Thanks.

Chase: *sighs* Just in time.

Harold grumbled in pain, while trying to stand back up.

He looked at his darraged suit. Some of the robotic components of his suit were wrecked by the battle.

He knew, if the fight drags on, he will eventually lead to a disadvantage where they would finally lose.

Harold: *thought* Damn it...

Just then, Chase zoomed in front of Harold and pinned him down on the ground with his paws, not giving Harold a chance to retaliate.

Chase: It's over for you, Harold.

Harold: *growls* Why you-

Chase: Don't even try anything funny. But if you think you can attack me again, go ahead.

Chase then stared sternly at the boy.

Chase: The second you activate any of your power moves, I'm gonna sonic blast your head off.

Harold felt threatened when he heard that. He knew at this critical situation he's in, he can't make a move on the German Shepherd.

Harold: *groans* What do you want?

Chase: Release my friends out of the cages, and give back their crystals. I had a feeling that you took them all when I got defeated last time, so return those to them and set them free, right this instant.

Harold: *grins* Such keen perception of yours to believe that we stole some of your comrades' crystals. How are you so sure?

Chase pointed at the cage where his friends were inside of it.