Chapter 46 : Uchiha vs Hyuga

The referee declared Orochimaru's victory, and Nara Yasuo retreated in despair.

"Really? One person kept using ninjutsu while the other remained motionless, and the attacker actually conceded defeat!"

"Yeah, I don't understand it at all."

As they say, laymen watch the spectacle while experts watch the technique. The ordinary audience can't fully comprehend the intricacies of the ninja battles, resulting in sparse applause.

"Strange, Kazuki's eyes feel familiar to me," Uchiha Mirror, who was usually quiet, muttered to herself, but she quickly dismissed this unrealistic idea.

"Tsunade, you're being naughty again," Orochimaru wiped the footprints off his buttocks, and Tsunade smirked proudly.

"Next up..."

The matches continued, and Orochimaru focused on studying the fighting styles of each clan.

In the end, Yamanaka Inosuke defeated Yuren, Akimichi Chou overwhelmed a member of the Hyuga clan, Kato Dan used a secret soul technique to control another member of the Hyuga clan, and finally, Uchiha Renji defeated the remaining civilian ninja of Land of Grass.

At this point, all the ninjas from outside the village had been eliminated, and the top eight contestants were decided.

The Hidden Mist Village assassination ninja used a lesser version of the Hidden Mist Technique—the Mist Technique, which was somewhat less effective. However, for a ninja like Yamanaka Inosuke who relied on mind-related ninjutsu, he managed to counter Hidden Mist Ninja's attacks effectively with his telepathy. Yamanaka Inosuke was much stronger than Yamanaka Ino at the same age, and despite being hit by two darts and sustaining a cut on his leg, he ultimately emerged victorious.

Akimichi Chou's match was much simpler. His large and powerful fists using the Body Expansion Technique easily overwhelmed the Hyuga clan members who were inexperienced in countering such opponents.

Orochimaru watched intently during Dan Kato's match. At this point, he couldn't use his Spirit Transformation Technique, as a single misstep would lead to the opponent's death. However, Dan Kato had developed the ability to use his mental power to interfere with his opponent's mind, gradually leading them into a coma. He skillfully dodged and used ninjutsu during his battle with Hyuga, showcasing solid foundations in taijutsu and ninjutsu. Orochimaru called it "hypnotism."

In reality, it was a form of soul manipulation; once trapped, the opponent couldn't be roused no matter how much they screamed. They would sleep for two or three days, making it a rather sinister technique. Although Dan Kato's appearance and demeanor earned him applause from the audience, the competing ninjas regarded him with fear.

"He's quite despicable," Orochimaru didn't particularly like Dan Kato. He himself didn't talk much about love interests in his past life and disliked seeing others flaunting their relationships, especially when they were fleeting. Dan Kato reminded him of Asuma, and the fact that he was a disciple of Danzo added to Orochimaru's determination to thwart him.

Tsunade rarely retorted, observing Dan Kato with an inscrutable expression, her thoughts kept to herself.

Last to appear was Uchiha Renji. He wasted no time and immediately used the Fire Dragon Bullet Technique to dispatch the remaining civilian ninja of the Land of Grass.

Thus, all the ninjas from outside the village were routinely eliminated, and the top eight contestants were determined.

After lunch, the second round of the knockout stage began without much rest in between. It could be said that appearances mattered in this regard. If a contestant had expended too much energy, they would be made to compete immediately, indicating that their strength and luck weren't enough.