Chapter 12: Chat

The colossal white snake felt its majestic presence being seriously challenged. Weren't those who signed the contract supposed to enter this space with a dazed expression, kneeling and trembling before it in reverence?

"No, I'm here to devour you!" Orochimaru calmly met the gaze of the giant snake, as if he contemplated his next move.

The giant snake's eyes narrowed as it stared intently at Orochimaru, seemingly on the verge of devouring him at any moment.

However, Orochimaru stroked his chin, lost in thought...

"Damn, I must have opened it the wrong way!" The giant snake grew angrier and let out a deafening roar. "Boy, I'm..."

"You are the power hidden within my blood!" Orochimaru maintained a composed demeanor as he looked directly at the giant snake. A calm smile spread across his face. "I didn't sign a summoning contract, so why have I entered this spiritual realm?"

The giant white snake emitted a thunderous roar. Orochimaru felt a surge of momentum akin to a landslide and tsunami rushing toward him, engulfing him like a leaf caught in a typhoon.

The surroundings suddenly darkened, and Orochimaru found himself submerged in dark water. A massive figure loomed nearby, its presence visible through two piercing golden snake eyes.

"You guessed right! Boy, you are the most powerful being I've seen since my awakening many years ago. I had high hopes for you, but you turned out to be so audacious. I'll make you suffer!" The giant snake's voice boomed, filling the space.

Orochimaru felt an immense soul pressure bearing down on him, causing his head to spin.

"Suffer? You are merely the power within my body, daring to resist me!?" Orochimaru's anger surged from within, his heart indignant. "Since this is a realm of souls, submit to me!"

"Boom!" A tremendous force erupted from Orochimaru, and suddenly, the surroundings were bathed in radiant light.

In the blink of an eye, Orochimaru's body expanded, transforming into a colossal figure. Radiant spiritual power coursed through his being, enabling him to break free from the white snake's coercion.

Orochimaru's body burned with a white brilliance, while traces of blood-red light surged within. In this realm of souls, his white robes seemed to billow, his presence on par with the giant snake itself.

The white giant snake stood dumbfounded, its mouth agape in disbelief.

Orochimaru examined his arm and noticed faint white scales beneath his pale skin, resembling a close-fitting suit of armor that exuded a chilling metallic sheen. The defense they provided was incredibly robust, yet they were imperceptible to the naked eye.

When Orochimaru relaxed his grip, the scales seamlessly vanished, returning his arm to its normal appearance.

"Why have I suddenly become stronger?" Orochimaru marveled at the newfound power coursing through his veins, realizing that his mental strength had also increased significantly.

"Boy, why is your soul so potent?" The white snake appeared greatly intrigued, its eyes burning with fervor as it observed Orochimaru. "Your mental power is very strong but your physical body is too weak. Such strength cannot be fully utilized."

"How strong can one be at the age of six?" Orochimaru brushed off the notion dismissively. "It matters not."

The giant snake fell silent.

"By the way, what is the red light emanating from my body?" Orochimaru extended his hand, from which a small cluster of blood-red flames flickered.

"Huh? This..." The giant snake expressed astonishment. "I do not know!"

Impressive, indeed! Orochimaru's expression darkened.

"Great White Snake, I have another question for you." Orochimaru's countenance turned serious.

"Oh, what is it?"

"Why was I on the brink of death when signing the summoning contract?" Orochimaru's face grew cold, recalling the unpleasant experience.

"Oh, that." The White Snake changed its posture. "You won't die. It's a secret technique sealed within the summoning scroll. When individuals with the bloodline of the White Scaled Serpent sign the contract, their bloodline undergoes enhancement. The process filters impurities from their blood vessels, purifying them and allowing their bodies to absorb surrounding natural forces, resulting in increased strength. In essence, it transforms your body into a base strength similar to that of Orochimaru's white scales."

The white snake scrutinized Orochimaru. "As for you, your bloodline is already quite potent. Your body's characteristics have been apparent since birth, and this transformation further amplifies your bloodline's power while fortifying your body and spirit. The success of the transformation depends primarily on your willpower. Your overwhelming desire to survive drives you until the very end, causing intense discomfort as if you are on the verge of death. After you lose consciousness, the power of the scroll brings you here."

"I see." Orochimaru clenched his fists. "So, it was a blessing in disguise."

"As for your presence here, it is mainly to provide guidance." The white snake's gaze turned cold as it regarded Orochimaru. "You possess exceptional talent, along with the Devourer's bloodline. I hope you swiftly grow stronger and seize control of this world!"

"Heh!" Orochimaru scoffed disdainfully. "What I choose to do is my own business. This bloodline merely grants me strength. As for assuming control, it is impossible for me!" Orochimaru had no desire to be a pawn in someone else's game. Same as Madara Uchiha, he knew all too well that he couldn't escape the manipulations of the Otsutsuki clan. For now, Orochimaru simply wanted to live a contented life, even if it seemed unlikely.

The white snake nodded, seemingly approving of Orochimaru's response. "Very well, do as you please. Live happily. Of course, you don't wish to be slain like a pathetic fish. That would be too unbecoming."

"Huh?" Orochimaru felt perplexed.

Is this really how the story unfolds? I'm supposed to be a major villain, wanting to rule the world...

Nevertheless, it's good news that I'm not burdened with any missions.

*****

Support me on my patreon and read upto 30 early chapters for only $1.

https://www.patreon.com/Unique_Writer